+ Reply to Thread
    Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default At your 12 week scan....

Did your baby measure up right? I had a scan at 6+3 that was fine then 8 and Bub was only 7+6 and now at my 12 week scan I was 12+3 but baby measured 11+6. Sonographer said that it was ok and that she though I might be too stressed and so baby wasn't growing as fast but I'm a little worried

Thanks
    Reviews
    Measuring error can make a big difference to the interpretation of the size. I wouldn't worry if she said that all the right parts of the baby are in the right place. It's not much of a difference in the grand scheme.

Thanks
    Reviews

I wouldnt stress about that at all, baby can be hunched up for some scans and even a mm can mean an extra day or two. I went for my nt scan when I thought I was 11+6 but it was only measuring 11+3 so was too small. I went back the week later when I was meant to be 12+1 and baby was measuring 12+4 so was ahead. They can have little growth spurts too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's hard not to worry as it feels its all out of your control huh. My 12w3 day scan measured 11w2days. My 30 week scan last week measured 33weeks! Assuming growth spurts happen at diff times but all works out in the end x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree with pp's, measurements on scans aren't 100% accurate. I believe after about 9 weeks each bub starts growing at their own rate. This makes the very early dating scans pretty accurate, but the further you get along the less accurate gestation estimates can be.

This preg my 12 week scan was pretty spot on with my LMP dates (about 2 days difference I think), but with DS he ALWAYS measured behind. He was about 5 days behind at the 12 week scan and a week or so behind at the morph scan. He is now a perfectly heathly nearly 2 year old. Try not to stress

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: At your 12 week scan....

I measured at 7+2 on my dating scan, which was exactly my estimation. Then at my 12 week scan I was supposed to be 12+2 but measured 12+6. It varies and even a mm can change the date.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks ladies