+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Missed miscarriage repeating itself?

I had a missed miscarriage 2 years ago. There was a heart beat at 6 weeks, then went in for the 12 week scan and found the baby had passed away at around 8-9 weeks. I still had all the pregnancy symptoms, no cramps and no bleeding, so I thought everything was ok.... then my body wouldn't abort the baby naturally, so I had to go into hospital for a D&C. It was all so traumatic, I don't want to go through it again. They analyzed our baby after the D&C. She was fine. It turns out the egg didn't bury deep enough into my womb to latch on. So as she grew, she detached. Very sad when you know she was going to be a girl and nothing was wrong with her.

My husband and I decided to try again after we got married. We got married on 3 November, and it seems we conceived on 5 November 2012! I was expecting it to happen a little slower than that! I'm excited and scared.... terrified I don't have morning sickness. I did have headaches, congested bloody nose and nauseous feelings in week 5, but now that's subsided. All I'm left with is sensitive nipples and tiredness. I'm worried this pregnancy isn't working out either.

I am now 6 and a half weeks pregnant. I wiped two days ago and there was brown stuff on the toilet paper, but I've had nothing more after that... so maybe implantation bleeding? I've made an appointment to get a blood test on Saturday to confirm it, and a dating ultrasound on Monday, which will be 7 weeks. I'm so scared of having another missed miscarriage.

I'm not sure what I'm asking for here, except maybe advice? I'm a nervous wreck at the moment. I'm trying to tell myself everything is fine, but then I find myself thinking it's another missed miscarriage. The thought of another D&C is making me feel ill and so scared....

Flick
    Last edited by flicksta; 06-12-2012 at 12:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Missed miscarriage repeating itself?

I know what you're going through. I had a missed mc in may and am now expecting again.

The only time I'm not anxious is while I'm getting a scan done and can see the hb. I had a scan on Monday and everything was great. 4 days later I'm nervous again that something could have gone wrong.

Just explain to your gp how nervous you are and they will do what they can.

I've had very little in the way of symptoms, and that doesn't really mean anything. Every pregnancy is different. Just do what you can to keep yourself healthy, and try not to stress over it too much.

Lots of hugs and sticky baby dust!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Disbride For This Useful Post:

flicksta  (06-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I empathise with you also, flicksta. I had a miscarriage 2 y ago round 11.5 weeks, got preg again seven months later and went on to have a beautiful healthy boy.

However when I was pregnant with him in the first tri, I was a little anxious and worried. But I knew it was out of my control and I just had to think positive thoughts (I reckon bub can feel it if we are happy, positive and at ease......after all they are inside us).

Its great that nothing followed the brown stuff. Like blood or cramping.

Hooe the u/s is promising.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your kind words!

I've not been sleeping well over the past week. Been waking at midnight, then 4am, and then 5:30am. I then get up, take the dog for a walk, then get ready for work. I'm trying to make sure i have a healthy snack in between meals, like carrot sticks or an apple. But today I forgot to eat something at morning tea.

When I went to lunch, as soon as i saw all the food and smelt it, i felt very nauseous... enough for me to feel 'blergh' in my lower jaw and poke my tongue out. I think my blood sugar level was really low and I didn't realize until then. Anyways, I ate lunch and felt better afterwards.

I've also noticed little holes in my nipples opening up and get these short stabby attacks of pain if i get up from my chair too quickly.

So all in all, I still have the pregnancy symptoms.... just hope this little peanut of mine wants to stick around!

Thanks again lovely ladies, Flick xo