+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default relieving constipation?

Hi all. I am 8 weeks and have had problems with constipation for the last few weeks. I feel toxic & bloated & uncomfortable. Can't be good for bub.
    I have tried Metamucil, loads of water, Coloxyl and what used to work for me, calcium ascorbate powder in juice. Am trying to walk each day also, however I have been told I am not allowed to exercise until I am safely at 12 weeks.
    Any advice appreciated. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yoghurt? and LSA mixed in. I would also try some prunes what do you eat.. cut out breads etc... switch to oats etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Prune juice!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used Metamucil throught my pregnancys, make sure you aren't using to much powder as that can make it worse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I used lactulose only thing that worked.

Thanks
    Reviews

Zdrzd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eating lots of fruit & vege helps to - Peaches, strawberries, spinach, brocolli etc.

I had it bad to as I just couldn't stomach fruit or vege - was only eating toast, pasta etc.

Anywho - now that I am feeling a bit better I am back into the good food and it's eased up.

Good luck - I know it's so hard when you don't feel like eating particular things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your suggestions everyone. It is very frustrating..
    I've been having mixed berries & banana with natural museli & yoghurt for brekkie every day and try to have veggies every night for dinner. i also try to have some fruit during the day. I tend to have "evening" sickness.. the nausea hits around 6pm when I stop for the day...
    I've tried prunes and prune juice - and after reading some older posts on here, I tried pear juice last night, but still to no avail. I'll keep trying...

I am trying to do everything right... I'm an older Mum, who has wanted children my whole life, but I just didn't meet the right man until my late 30s. Unfortunately I was then diagnosed with blood cancer and given 6 weeks to live without treatment & was told my ovaries "would be fried". There was no time to remove eggs.. A year of heavy chemo and medically induced menopause followed, then the compulsory 2 year wait before being able to attempt IVF... 12 months on & after an enforced break for 6 months with Graves Disease (hyperthyroidism), I am now finally achieving my dream... so any advice is appreciate. I am feeling quite calm.. due to my history and age, I have been told no exercise except easy walking until 12 weeks, when I plan to go back to pilates all being ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    just wanted to add, im 6 weeks pregnant and badly contipated. Tried everything and read somewhere licorice helps. Got some, ate about 7 pieces and within 2 hours i went to the toilet. It actually worked!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Dee, that's great. I did try licorice... a yummy way of trying to relieve. My sister, who's an ex midwife, did say not to have too much, due to the potassium levels. I'm not sure how much is too much. I'm seeing Dr today, so we'll see what he says...