+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Since the Wakefield scandal broken and was such big news at the time, I'd ope many people would know that vaccines don't cause autism.
    That was only one persons findings there are many more out there!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    I said that because someone mentioned that she was glad she didnt have to worry about those because she vaccinates I pointed out a lot of non vaxers dont either.

Now here is a question, if these two things are eradicated in the country why keep vaxing for them? Why no treat them like Rabies and just make those that want to come into the country take precautions, the perk of living on an island is you can keep things out like Rabies. I just dont the point in putting unnecessary chemicals on such a large scale good for babies.

Never said there was a vaccine for colds, but I can tell you what is fact in this house is my non vaxed kids are a lot healthier than my fully vaxed kids. The vaxed kids pick up a ton of stuff where my non Vaxed kids dont you can say it for XYZ reason but I believe its because I have not been poisoning their little bodies for years with chemicals used in the making of vaccines. You believe what you want and I will believe what I want. We do what we feel is right for our children.
    My kids are more healthier than any other kids I've ever known. And we vax. I think the fact we are healthy has little to do with whether we vax or not and more to do with our genetic make up (and possibly lifestyle but I know people who live a better lifestyle than us who's kids are always sick and have a ton of allergies and things so gentics is my main belief is the reason).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Deserama For This Useful Post:

Mom2TwoDSs  (07-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Vaccinations

I said that because someone mentioned that she was glad she didnt have to worry about those because she vaccinates I pointed out a lot of non vaxers dont either.

Now here is a question, if these two things are eradicated in the country why keep vaxing for them? Why no treat them like Rabies and just make those that want to come into the country take precautions, the perk of living on an island is you can keep things out like Rabies. I just dont the point in putting unnecessary chemicals on such a large scale good for babies.

Never said there was a vaccine for colds, but I can tell you what is fact in this house is my non vaxed kids are a lot healthier than my fully vaxed kids. The vaxed kids pick up a ton of stuff where my non Vaxed kids dont you can say it for XYZ reason but I believe its because I have not been poisoning their little bodies for years with chemicals used in the making of vaccines. You believe what you want and I will believe what I want. We do what we feel is right for our children.
    Whilst polio has been eradicated in this country for many many years due to the frequency of overseas travel Australian hospitals have treated 2 cases of polio in the last 5 years. Yes that is only 2 cases but polio is spread thru the same route as gastro- I nursed one of the boys with polio. He was infected for 2 weeks and was in the community- going out and about before he went to hospital with severe muscle weakness- 2 weeks after arriving on a plane from India. Im not suggesting this boy was a grot who didn't wash his hands after too letting etc but with the majority of society having poor hygiene practices and this boy wandering about supermarkets, the Uni he was attending and other public places the chance of transmission was huge. If no one in Australia was vaxxed how many people would he have infected. Polio will be eradicated world wide by the end of 2014 but immunology research suggests we should continue to vax for at least another 10 years to ensure the virus is completely eradicated.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meags82 For This Useful Post:

LoveHeart  (07-12-2012),SeaShanty  (07-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Autism rates have skyrocketed there are a lot more Autistic children now than there use to be, also we give more vaccines now than we use too.
    No there isn't. Diagnostics have changed to open up the spectrum. So there may seem to be more but it's just that where once a child was labeled as slow he is now able to be diagnosed properly and labeled Autistic.

I know this is only a movie but 'Forest Gump' was called 'slow' when in actual fact had there really been a Forest Gump and he lived today his mother would have been told he had aspergers autism probably. And given support.

So no...you are incorrect there I'm afraid.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deserama For This Useful Post:

LoveHeart  (07-12-2012),Mom2TwoDSs  (07-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Vaccinations

Hi all,
    Just to correct some misinformation here, you cannot get whooping cough from being vaccinated or catch it from another recently vaccinated person. It is not a live vaccine and is fact does not even contain whole bacteria. The only live vaccine currently used in Australia is one of the 2 available rotavirus vaccines ie if it is orally delivered it is live, if it is injected it is dead.

Also, vaccination does not prevent any of us from catching any of the infections, or eradicate them from the environment. In fact some of them don't even try (eg tetanus and diphtheria vaccines both target the bacterial toxin only, not the bacteria itself). They just stop those that are vaccinated from developing a life threatening disease. For viral diseases, they also reduce the amount of infectious virus shed by infected individuals. The only exception is the small pox virus vaccine. Being a virus, smallpox vaccination drastically reduced shedding of the virus in those that still acquired infection and therefore halted transmission. As humans are the only host for the smallpox virus, if there are no humans infected, there is no reservoir for infection of others. Eradication was therefore successfully achieved by vaccination albeit at the cost of gen Y and younger generations being entirely susceptible if it ever returns. All other pathogens for which vaccines are available can infect non-human hosts that then act as reservoirs for infection of susceptible humans. Even if those hosts are not in all countries (eg Australia has no monkeys), they can still rapidly spread worldwide via human travel. Therefore they can never be eradicated.

This is a very complex issue that should always be open to full discussion and any misinformation corrected immediately to prevent confusion. All vaccinations aim to induce the natural protective immunity that occurs in survivors of infection without having to develop a life threatening disease to achieve it. Therefore, just as in natural infection, immunity following whooping cough vaccination only lasts a few years. So whether you have acquired immunity via an infection or vaccination, you will be susceptible to infection/reinfection again approx 5 years later. I could continue on and on about the pros & cons of vaccination (yawn yawn yawn for most people) but I think that will do for now.

Seasons greetings to all.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drmummy For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (07-12-2012),Mom2TwoDSs  (07-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Vaccinations

Non vaxxers reap the benefit of herd immunity brought about by other people bring vaccinated.

We don't vax for smallpox anymore, I believe it is considered eradicated worldwide except for a couple of laboratories. There are stockpiles of the vaccine both here and in the US to be given in case of bioterrorism. Polio, however, still exists in the world, so we vax for it. People travel. The last case of polio here afflicted a tourist who'd picked it up in Pakistan. You cannot guarantee people will not bring disease into the country, so it's safer to vaccinate and prevent the illness as much as possible.

Rabies- the NT was on alert for rabies just this year due to an outbreak in Indonesia, but I don't think it's ever reached us here.

I vaccinate my children. I do not poison their little bodies and cause them to get sick. Your implication is really quite offensive. My children and step children are vaccinated and rarely sick with anything. So your anecdote proves nothing. There is no evidence that vaccinating kids makes them more or less prone to other illnesses. I've said it before and I'll say it again: everyone can have their own opinion but not their own facts.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (07-12-2012),Mom2TwoDSs  (07-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Vaccinations

Quote Originally Posted by drmummy View Post
    Hi all,
    Just to correct some misinformation here, you cannot get whooping cough from being vaccinated or catch it from another recently vaccinated person. It is not a live vaccine and is fact does not even contain whole bacteria. The only live vaccine currently used in Australia is one of the 2 available rotavirus vaccines ie if it is orally delivered it is live, if it is injected it is dead.

Also, vaccination does not prevent any of us from catching any of the infections, or eradicate them from the environment. In fact some of them don't even try (eg tetanus and diphtheria vaccines both target the bacterial toxin only, not the bacteria itself). They just stop those that are vaccinated from developing a life threatening disease. For viral diseases, they also reduce the amount of infectious virus shed by infected individuals. The only exception is the small pox virus vaccine. Being a virus, smallpox vaccination drastically reduced shedding of the virus in those that still acquired infection and therefore halted transmission. As humans are the only host for the smallpox virus, if there are no humans infected, there is no reservoir for infection of others. Eradication was therefore successfully achieved by vaccination albeit at the cost of gen Y and younger generations being entirely susceptible if it ever returns. All other pathogens for which vaccines are available can infect non-human hosts that then act as reservoirs for infection of susceptible humans. Even if those hosts are not in all countries (eg Australia has no monkeys), they can still rapidly spread worldwide via human travel. Therefore they can never be eradicated.

This is a very complex issue that should always be open to full discussion and any misinformation corrected immediately to prevent confusion. All vaccinations aim to induce the natural protective immunity that occurs in survivors of infection without having to develop a life threatening disease to achieve it. Therefore, just as in natural infection, immunity following whooping cough vaccination only lasts a few years. So whether you have acquired immunity via an infection or vaccination, you will be susceptible to infection/reinfection again approx 5 years later. I could continue on and on about the pros & cons of vaccination (yawn yawn yawn for most people) but I think that will do for now.

Seasons greetings to all.
    Great post, very informative! Thank you!

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Now here is a question, if these two things are eradicated in the country why keep vaxing for them?
    Unlike small pox, polio has not been officially eradicated throughout the world. A quick google search tells me the last known case in Australia was 1986 but I don't know how valid that date is. Small pox was officially erradicated in the last 70s. I am pleased to say that I had a small pox vax in 1977 when my family went on an overseas holiday.

I just dont the point in putting unnecessary chemicals on such a large scale good for babies.
    DF is a scientist, he works with chemicals for a living. Some are the every day chemicals like water (yes water is a chemical), essential oils to highly toxic chemicals. As was said in a previous thread/post, it's the quantity that makes them toxic/dangerous. Did you know that something as seemingly harmless as eucalyptus oil, if in large enough quantities is considered a dangerous chemical and has to be transported and labelled as such? It's not considered dangerous only if you ingest it, it's inherent properties make it dangerous when it is large quantities.
    DF analyses water and other products as part of his job to ensure that any bacterias or other stuff is in sufficiently small amounts that it is acceptable to use in making and cleaning chemical products.
    Just don't get him started on homeopathy...

Quote Originally Posted by threeatlast View Post
    Where?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Mom2TwoDSs  (07-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Atropos your knowledge is wonderful .. How I wish people had the smarts like you !! I am amazed you even keep conversing with some of these posts .. I feel Like hitting my head against a wall!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Maybelline For This Useful Post:

SeaShanty  (07-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Vaccinations

Quote Originally Posted by threeatlast View Post
    They actually weren't his findings, that's the point. His findings were fraudulent. To date there is still zero scientific evidence showing vaccination causes autism.
    Last edited by Atropos; 07-12-2012 at 12:49.