+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Vaccinations

Quote Originally Posted by threeatlast View Post
    How old is she now then?
    She's 6.5 months actual age and has had her 2, 4 and 6 month doses on schedule to her actual age. She's 3 months corrected age.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    There is zero conclusive evidence of a link. The article you linked provided a correlation only. There are so many anti vax groups out there spouting pseudo scientific babble that question vaccines but that doesn't make their info valid.

The article mainly talks about the aborted foetal cell line and its a pro life website, the bias is pretty clear, I'm sorry you don't see that.
    All I wanted to do was state my stance and concerns. In my first post I said that everyone has a right to their own opinion and form that opinion from their own experiences and concerns. I never wanted to debate it. If you have different beliefs good luck to you, but do not go telling me that I am incorrect, because you absolutely DO NOT know that I am. There has been a sharp rise in Autism and it isn't merely just a diagnostic increase. I don not know that there is a link between Autism and vaccines, but I have concerns that there may be. Being rude and insisting that you know better all the time does not mean you are clever, it just means that you are rude. All of your replies to my posts have been arrogant and disrespectful. It is people like you, who must insist that their stance is the only correct one, that ruin Bubhub for me.
    Last edited by Witchypoo; 07-12-2012 at 05:09.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Witchypoo For This Useful Post:

threeatlast  (07-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Vaccinations

Quote Originally Posted by Witchypoo View Post
    All I wanted to do was state my stance and concerns. In my first post I said that everyone has a right to their own opinion and form that opinion from their own experiences and concerns. I never wanted to debate it. If you have different beliefs good luck to you, but do not go telling me that I am incorrect, because you absolutely DO NOT know that I am. There has been a sharp rise in Autism and it isn't merely just a diagnostic increase. I don not know that there is a link between Autism and vaccines, but I have concerns that there may be. Being rude and insisting that you know better all the time does not mean you are clever, it just means that you are rude. All of your replies to my posts have been arrogant and disrespectful. It is people like you, who must insist that their stance is the only correct one, that ruin Bubhub for me.
    Sigh. I wasn't being rude. You seem to have assigned a tone to my posts that wasnt intended by me. You said you had concerns about the varicella vax causing autism and provided one very dubious link to show it. I was trying to put your mind at ease that there really isn't any link that has been proven. You said you had concerns, I was trying to ease them. There is no peer reviewed study suggesting and evidence of a link between any vaccine and autism and there are studies showing the incidence of ASD in non vaccinated kids is the same in vaccinated kids.
    If you posted because you had concerns, I don't see why you'd get upset when someone tried to address them. I'm sorry for trying to do that. I wasn't trying to be arrogant, disrespectful or clever.
    Yes, everyone can have their own opinion. But not their own facts. It seems you don't want help unless its what you want to hear.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Alimia  (07-12-2012),Busy-Bee  (07-12-2012),pinkdolly  (26-02-2013),SeaShanty  (07-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Vaccinations

Quote Originally Posted by *Need~More~Coffee~Please* View Post
    a vaccination will not protect you from the virus /sickness .u can still get whooping cough after a vax same with chicken pox and any of them . i hate that so many people dont realise this
    This is not correct. I hate that people say things like this! If you don't wish to vax that is your choice but spreading misinformation is not cool.
    The WC is close to 90% effective. That means the vast majority of vaxxed people WON'T get it, and the minority that MAY get it will usually get a much milder strain. Same with other VPDs. A vaccine is the single most effective weapon against these diseases and prevention is always better than cure.

Eta:

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/spec-grp...lor-office.pdf

Just a basic rundown on how vaccines work for anyone who may be interested. This is from the American Centre for Disease Control
    Last edited by Atropos; 07-12-2012 at 06:13.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (07-12-2012),Busy-Bee  (07-12-2012),Guest654  (07-12-2012),Maybelline  (07-12-2012),Mom2TwoDSs  (07-12-2012),SeaShanty  (07-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Vaccinations

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    Just curious, you know enough about the vaxes to form an opinion that they dont cause autism, yet you dont know that vaxes dont offer 100% protection from the diseases that you are vaxxing for?

FTR. I am neither 'pro-vax' nor 'anti-vax'. I vaxxed based on my child and my intuition. DS1 is fully vaxxed. DS2 did not have Hep B at birth he also did not have Hep A at 12mths or 18mths (we live in a remote indigenous area), he is fully vaxxed up to 18mths.
    Since the Wakefield scandal broken and was such big news at the time, I'd ope many people would know that vaccines don't cause autism.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

SeaShanty  (07-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You know what? Every time I have one of my children vaccinated I worry that they're going to be that 1-in-1,000,000 child who has the awful side-effect. But I still do it because I trust modern medical science and all of the countless hours of research and the billions of dollars that go into areas such as vaccines and disease prevention and trust that the experts have weighed up the pros and cons and come to a more informed decision than I ever could have.

The next time you're afraid about something like immunisation, TALK TO AN EXPERT - DO NOT ASK ADVICE FROM THE TERRIFIED PARENT SITTING NEXT TO YOU AND DO NOT TRY TO INTERPRET COMPLEX MEDICAL LITERATURE OUT OF CONTEXT. I cannot stress enough how irresponsible it is to be spouting statistics and theories on such matters when you're not trained to do so.

Please, if you have any respect and love for the other parents of this world, STOP SPREADING MISINFORMATION. If you've got your own personal concerns about immunisation and want people to be truly informed before they vaccinate, the responsible thing to do is send them to an expert such as a paediatrician or an immunologist with whom they can actually, physically discuss BOTH sides of the debate and receive accurate, current information. Referring someone to a website on which one or two paediatricians - or worse, people who AREN'T medical professionals - are quoted saying "don't vaccinate for X reasons" isn't fair because it's not giving parents enough information or the opportunity to ask questions.

On a side note, I was just thinking this morning as I was doing the banal task of washing the breakfast dishes how nice it is that I don't live in fear of polio or smallpox. And recalling how sh!t-scared I was of my son catching whooping cough when he was a newborn.

[To any new parents who aren't sure if the new acellular whooping cough vaccine 'works', please read this: http://www.abc.net.au/science/articl...08/3563433.htm

To summarise, here's a quote from Associate Professor Stephen Lambert, senior research fellow at the Queensland Institute of Medical Research: "[He] stresses that while the acellular vaccine is less protective against infection, vaccinated children who do contract whooping cough get a milder, shorter illness, are less likely to transmit the infection to others and less likely to end up in hospital or intensive care."]
    Last edited by SeaShanty; 07-12-2012 at 17:57. Reason: spelling mistake

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SeaShanty For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (07-12-2012),Busy-Bee  (07-12-2012),cluckcluck  (07-12-2012),GM01  (07-12-2012),LoveHeart  (07-12-2012),Maybelline  (07-12-2012),moosey  (07-12-2012),pinkdolly  (26-02-2013),smallpotatoes  (07-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Vaccinations

Quote Originally Posted by SeaShanty View Post
    You know what? Every time I have one of my children vaccinated I worry that they're going to be that 1-in-1,000,000 child who has the awful side-effect. But I still do it because I trust modern medical science and all of the countless hours of research and the billions of dollars that go into areas such as vaccines and disease prevention and trust that the experts have weighed up the pros and cons and come to a more informed decision than I could ever have.

The next time you're afraid about something like immunisation, TALK TO AN EXPERT - DO NOT ASK ADVICE FROM THE TERRIFIED PARENT SITTING NEXT TO YOU AND DO NOT TRY TO INTERPRET COMPLEX MEDICAL LITERATURE OUT OF CONTEXT. I cannot stress enough how irresponsible it is to be spouting statistics and theories on such matters when you're not trained to do so.

Please, if you have any respect and love for the other parents of this world, STOP SPREADING MISINFORMATION. If you've got your own personal concerns about immunisation and want people to be truly informed before they vaccinate, the responsible thing to do is send them to an expert such as a paediatrician or an immunologist with whom they can actually, physically discuss BOTH sides of the debate and receive accurate, current information. Referring someone to a website on which one or two paediatricians - or worse, people who AREN'T medical professionals - are quoted saying "don't vaccinate for X reasons" isn't fair because it's not giving parents enough information or the opportunity to ask questions.

On a side note, I was just thinking this morning as I was doing the banal task of washing the breakfast dishes how nice it is that I don't live in fear of polio or smallpox. And recalling how sh!t-scared I was of my son catching whooping cough when he was a newborn.

[To any new parents who are afraid of whether the new acellular whooping cough vaccine 'works', please read this: http://www.abc.net.au/science/articl...08/3563433.htm

To summarise, here's a quote from Associate Professor Stephen Lambert, senior research fellow at the Queensland Institute of Medical Research: "[He] stresses that while the acellular vaccine is less protective against infection, vaccinated children who do contract whooping cough get a milder, shorter illness, are less likely to transmit the infection to others and less likely to end up in hospital or intensive care."]
    Well said.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaShanty View Post
    Those of us who dont vaccinate also dont live in fear of polio or small pox I know I dont, the only thing I didnt like is the adults around me were vaccinated for WC they work in child care, so they could have WC (a mild case as pointed out here) and not show signs and pass it onto baby so I generally kept baby away from newly vaccinated adults and kids. She did fine and never even got sick last winter, no cold or anything

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Vaccinations

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Those of us who dont vaccinate also dont live in fear of polio or small pox I know I dont, the only thing I didnt like is the adults around me were vaccinated for WC they work in child care, so they could have WC (a mild case as pointed out here) and not show signs and pass it onto baby so I generally kept baby away from newly vaccinated adults and kids. She did fine and never even got sick last winter, no cold or anything
    Why would you fear polio or smallpox? They have been eradicated in this country, due to mass vaccination. Argue that one all you like, that is FACT.
    You don't get the disease from the vaccine. What you may be referring to is a shedding period after a vaccine when it is possible, though not common, for a recently vaccinated person to pass on an illness. This is rare. But the vaccinated person is not infected with the disease.
    As far as colds go, there is no vaccines for them

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (07-12-2012),SeaShanty  (07-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Why would you fear polio or smallpox? They have been eradicated in this country, due to mass vaccination. Argue that one all you like, that is FACT.
    You don't get the disease from the vaccine. What you may be referring to is a shedding period after a vaccine when it is possible, though not common, for a recently vaccinated person to pass on an illness. This is rare. But the vaccinated person is not infected with the disease.
    As far as colds go, there is no vaccines for them
    I said that because someone mentioned that she was glad she didnt have to worry about those because she vaccinates I pointed out a lot of non vaxers dont either.

Now here is a question, if these two things are eradicated in the country why keep vaxing for them? Why no treat them like Rabies and just make those that want to come into the country take precautions, the perk of living on an island is you can keep things out like Rabies. I just dont the point in putting unnecessary chemicals on such a large scale good for babies.

Never said there was a vaccine for colds, but I can tell you what is fact in this house is my non vaxed kids are a lot healthier than my fully vaxed kids. The vaxed kids pick up a ton of stuff where my non Vaxed kids dont you can say it for XYZ reason but I believe its because I have not been poisoning their little bodies for years with chemicals used in the making of vaccines. You believe what you want and I will believe what I want. We do what we feel is right for our children.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovemyfam For This Useful Post:

threeatlast  (07-12-2012)