+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 112
  1. #31
    bunkx's Avatar
    bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Hills WA
    Posts
    6,575
    Thanks
    565
    Thanked
    1,252
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

    Default Vaccinations

    Quote Originally Posted by maybenumber3 View Post
    Same here. I am very strongly pro vax.

    Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    So am I

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    978
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked
    140
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Vaccinations

    I am completely pro vaccines! I have and will be giving my kids all of them as I have had them all and if I have gotten the illness it was much milder ie chicken pox
    As some people have said if it was liked to such things as autism I think there would be a lot more autistic people out there!

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    191
    Thanks
    174
    Thanked
    37
    Reviews
    0

    Default Re: Vaccinations

    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    We don't Vaccinate at all.
    Sorry not being rude but why don't you? I'm a first time mum and still learning. I haven't got much idea about the vaccinations out there. Most ppl are pro but haven't heard much from ppl against. Thanks :-)

    Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alicia92 For This Useful Post:

    threeatlast  (06-12-2012)

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    We don't Vaccinate at all.
    Could you please share your reasons for not vax no judgement here just interested. Thankyou,.

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,914
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked
    1,502
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Vaccinations

    Pro vaccination for sure, and I don't see any need for delay. My dd had her 2 month vax when she was still in the NiCU and weighed 3lb. The sooner we could get the schedule completed the better.

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GM01 View Post
    Pro vaccination for sure, and I don't see any need for delay. My dd had her 2 month vax when she was still in the NiCU and weighed 3lb. The sooner we could get the schedule completed the better.
    How old is she now then?

  8. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,610
    Thanks
    1,023
    Thanked
    511
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Against my 6 year old had one vaccine that didnt go well, and my 1 year old hasnt had any. There is 1 I am considering but not sure on so will just wait until I am sure I can always put them in but can never take them out.

  9. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,610
    Thanks
    1,023
    Thanked
    511
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nila View Post
    I am completely pro vaccines! I have and will be giving my kids all of them as I have had them all and if I have gotten the illness it was much milder ie chicken pox
    As some people have said if it was liked to such things as autism I think there would be a lot more autistic people out there!
    Autism rates have skyrocketed there are a lot more Autistic children now than there use to be, also we give more vaccines now than we use too.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lovemyfam For This Useful Post:

    *Need~More~Coffee~Please*  (06-12-2012),threeatlast  (07-12-2012)

  11. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,453
    Thanks
    81
    Thanked
    139
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2TwoDSs View Post
    I am pro vac, on time and complete every one on the list. DS1 had all his including MMR and varicella...he is definitely not autistic. I don't think that's linked to your son's possible autism Witchypoo. If so, then there will be lots of autistic children out there.

    Two questions, does immunisations actually prevent the sickness eg whooping cough etc? My DS1 had his varicella vac but he still got chicken pox from a cousin though is pretty mild case.

    And if I am vaccinated against whooping cough recently, will my BM protect my bub against WC? Bub just had his WC vac yesterday but I am curious.

    a vaccination will not protect you from the virus /sickness .u can still get whooping cough after a vax same with chicken pox and any of them . i hate that so many people dont realise this

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to *Need~More~Coffee~Please* For This Useful Post:

    threeatlast  (07-12-2012)

  13. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,313
    Thanks
    1,749
    Thanked
    1,815
    Reviews
    24
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2TwoDSs View Post
    I am pro vac, on time and complete every one on the list. DS1 had all his including MMR and varicella...he is definitely not autistic. I don't think that's linked to your son's possible autism Witchypoo. If so, then there will be lots of autistic children out there.

    Two questions, does immunisations actually prevent the sickness eg whooping cough etc? My DS1 had his varicella vac but he still got chicken pox from a cousin though is pretty mild case.

    And if I am vaccinated against whooping cough recently, will my BM protect my bub against WC? Bub just had his WC vac yesterday but I am curious.
    Just curious, you know enough about the vaxes to form an opinion that they dont cause autism, yet you dont know that vaxes dont offer 100% protection from the diseases that you are vaxxing for?

    FTR. I am neither 'pro-vax' nor 'anti-vax'. I vaxxed based on my child and my intuition. DS1 is fully vaxxed. DS2 did not have Hep B at birth he also did not have Hep A at 12mths or 18mths (we live in a remote indigenous area), he is fully vaxxed up to 18mths.


 

Similar Threads

  1. 4yr vaccinations.
    By Phony in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30-11-2012, 19:37
  2. 6 week vaccinations
    By jessica86 in forum Immunisation & Vaccines
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 26-11-2012, 21:43
  3. Pet Vaccinations
    By LilShenanigans in forum Pets
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 15-02-2012, 21:58

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Pebblebee
Parents spend hours looking for things they need NOW. The keys, the remote, darling daughter's treasured teddy. Stop wasting precious time looking & start finding with Bub Hub reviewed Pebblebee Smart Tag. Simply attach a Pebblebee and find it fast.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Einsteinz Music
Fun & interactive music classes!
Classes are taught by professional musicians! Children are taught the fundamentals of music: beat, pitch, rhythm and tempo through hands-on experience. Click for more details!!!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!