+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can I ask those that say they are for 'delayed' vaccinating, why that is? I'm not having a go, I'm genuinely interested in why. I was the most pro vaccinator there was and was quite rude towards people who didn't vaccinate, but now my DS1 is being assessed for autism and I find myself feeling a little scared about DS2 having the Varicella shots in 5 months time. I know it has been discredited as causing autism, but I'm not entirely convinced. I think once something occurs that directly affects you - whether it be a possible negative outcome from vaccination, or a possible threat from others who don't vaccinate - it influences your stance hugely and people shouldn't be judged for that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Vaccinations

Quote Originally Posted by Witchypoo View Post
    Can I ask those that say they are for 'delayed' vaccinating, why that is? I'm not having a go, I'm genuinely interested in why. I was the most pro vaccinator there was and was quite rude towards people who didn't vaccinate, but now my DS1 is being assessed for autism and I find myself feeling a little scared about DS2 having the Varicella shots in 5 months time. I know it has been discredited as causing autism, but I'm not entirely convinced. I think once something occurs that directly affects you - whether it be a possible negative outcome from vaccination, or a possible threat from others who don't vaccinate - it influences your stance hugely and people shouldn't be judged for that.
    Can I just clarify, the varicella shot has never ever been linked to autism. It was the MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) shot that was linked to autism by Andrew Wakefield. His study has been formally retracted, proven fraudulent and completely debunked, and he has been stricken off the medical register. No one has ever been able to replicate his results, because he fabricated them.
    There has been a plethora of studies done on vaccines and none have ever shown any link to autism. There was one study that looked at the incidence of ASD in vaxxed vs unvaxxed kids and the incidence was the same. That alone speaks volumes.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

intruderalert1234  (06-12-2012),Maybelline  (06-12-2012),MissMuppet  (06-12-2012),Mom2TwoDSs  (06-12-2012),pinkdolly  (30-12-2013),SeaShanty  (06-12-2012),SoThisIsLove  (06-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Can I just clarify, the varicella shot has never ever been linked to autism. It was the MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) shot that was linked to autism by Andrew Wakefield. His study has been formally retracted, proven fraudulent and completely debunked, and he has been stricken off the medical register. No one has ever been able to replicate his results, because he fabricated them.
    There has been a plethora of studies done on vaccines and none have ever shown any link to autism. There was one study that looked at the incidence of ASD in vaxxed vs unvaxxed kids and the incidence was the same. That alone speaks volumes.
    The Chicken Pox vaccine has been linked also. There are many references to it, and the link below is just one. I'm not here to debate it, I'm just saying that for me it is something that I am mindful of and slightly concerned about.
    http://onemoresoul.com/news-commenta...-disorder.html

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Witchypoo For This Useful Post:

threeatlast  (06-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Vaccinations

The Chicken Pox vaccine has been linked also. There are many references to it, and the link below is just one. I'm not here to debate it, I'm just saying that for me it is something that I am mindful of and slightly concerned about.
    No, it hasn't. That article points to a correlation, not a causation. There is no real link. I'm not debating it, I'm pointing out a fact, because I don't want you to feel you will cause autism in your child with a varicella vax when you won't.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

intruderalert1234  (06-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Vaccinations

That website you posted is a religious site that is anti abortion, anti contraception etc and that article focusses on foetal cells used in vaccines- I wouldn't rely on a site like that for unbiased and factual info as that is clearly not their agenda.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (06-12-2012),intruderalert1234  (06-12-2012),MissMuppet  (06-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    IT has been linked! The website is one of many references and I really don't see how being religious has anything to do with anything! I'm not saying it is 100% proven, but it IS being questioned.It takes time for the truth to come out a lot of the time - the medical community and especially the people who make vaccines and medications are not infallible as has been proven with drugs like thalidomide and roaccutane. No more posts from me. Believe what you like.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Witchypoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am pro vac, on time and complete every one on the list. DS1 had all his including MMR and varicella...he is definitely not autistic. I don't think that's linked to your son's possible autism Witchypoo. If so, then there will be lots of autistic children out there.

Two questions, does immunisations actually prevent the sickness eg whooping cough etc? My DS1 had his varicella vac but he still got chicken pox from a cousin though is pretty mild case.

And if I am vaccinated against whooping cough recently, will my BM protect my bub against WC? Bub just had his WC vac yesterday but I am curious.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Vaccinations

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2TwoDSs View Post
    I am pro vac, on time and complete every one on the list. DS1 had all his including MMR and varicella...he is definitely not autistic. I don't think that's linked to your son's possible autism Witchypoo. If so, then there will be lots of autistic children out there.

Two questions, does immunisations actually prevent the sickness eg whooping cough etc? My DS1 had his varicella vac but he still got chicken pox from a cousin though is pretty mild case.

And if I am vaccinated against whooping cough recently, will my BM protect my bub against WC? Bub just had his WC vac yesterday but I am curious.
    No vax is 100% and if your DS caught it, he's in a minority, and yes, that makes it a much milder case too

BM provides some antibodies but you still need all the WC shots

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Vaccinations

IT has been linked! The website is one of many references and I really don't see how being religious has anything to do with anything! I'm not saying it is 100% proven, but it IS being questioned.It takes time for the truth to come out a lot of the time - the medical community and especially the people who make vaccines and medications are not infallible as has been proven with drugs like thalidomide and roaccutane. No more posts from me. Believe what you like.
    There is zero conclusive evidence of a link. The article you linked provided a correlation only. There are so many anti vax groups out there spouting pseudo scientific babble that question vaccines but that doesn't make their info valid.

The article mainly talks about the aborted foetal cell line and its a pro life website, the bias is pretty clear, I'm sorry you don't see that.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (06-12-2012),intruderalert1234  (06-12-2012),Maybelline  (06-12-2012),MissMuppet  (06-12-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We don't Vaccinate at all.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post: