+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We named our boy Mater after the tow truck in Cars, our sons favourite character. We got a male because i have a preference for them. I think we will get a female in a couple of years if we move to a bigger property. He is an inside dog when we are home and outside when we go out.
    He drinks a lot of water which means he pees a lot, inside. A LOT!!! He is getting better though and we don't have carpet so it's manageable.
    It was hard when we first got him he would jump up in the kids but it didn't last long. We have also included the kids right from the start in looking after him. They feed him, water him, help walk him and I send them outside to play ball with him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Mater! That's so cute !!DS is obsessed with Cars so don't be surprised if in a few weeks I send you a picture of a dog called Lightning or Sally!
    What do you feed him - I'm just looking into this now - the breeder recommends a raw meat diet
    Is he easy to train and does he stay close or wander off if you are out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have him on Advance for large breed puppies. We feed him the recommended amount and then he gets treats throughout the week of raw bones and raw off cuts of meat I cut up. Our breeder told us to not feed him pork. I'll also put a raw egg cracked with shell for him once or twice a week when I remember.
    Walking and running on the lead he has picked up really quickly. My DH takes him some nights to a football oval and lets him off, he has a flashing light we can turn on on his collar, and he is really good with following him. I'm usually running with him at busy times so don't have the confidence to let him off yet as he is easily distracted.

He was also extremely nippy at us including the kids for the first month we had him and his teeth hurt. That has passed and he has calmed down immensely since we have been able to walk him after getting all his needles.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpeamummy For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (11-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylapie View Post
    Hi, *waves*!
    We too have a beautiful Cane Corso puppy, who is 15 weeks now, named Tana.
    She is absolutely beautiful, such a lovely girl, easily excited though! She is great with the kids, however can see her knocking them over as she gets bigger!
    She has just had her last lot of injections so we will be able to take her for walks soon, have been practicing around the yard so she knows who is in charge
    Will take some pics later and share, she has grown loads since we got her.

It's so much fun with the kids. What colour is your girl? I wonder if our puppies are related!
    Is Tana inside or outside?
    How big were you told she would be?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Missy18 View Post
    That pup is so beautiful! We have an American bulldog & English bullmastiff....big protective dogs but great family dogs!
    Makes me want to get a puppy ...
    Can you post some pics of your dogs too please, I would love to see them.

We love the look of Bulldogs as well. Maybe....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeamummy View Post
    Can you post some pics of your dogs too please, I would love to see them.

We love the look of Bulldogs as well. Maybe....
    Photo overload! Love my fur babies

American bulldog as a pup
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1368270935.892828.jpg

American bulldog taken about a year ago...he hasn't changed too much in size
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1368270990.627087.jpg

English Mastiff...my beautiful "puppy" as she is still called is 9 this year
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1368271032.892759.jpg

And a cutie photo from our renos American bulldog was about 6 months old ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1368271077.939025.jpg

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Missy18 For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (11-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love, they are both gorgeous. English Mastiff are great looking dogs. Are they big sooks?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The biggest sooks!! The American bulldog is a mummies boy...and great with kids...very protective

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our Rotti was a mummy's boy and our new baby seems to be the same. They know who the boss is!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just had our first hurdle with owning our boy. Phoned the kennels where our last dog used to go and they don't take all types of dogs including mastiffs.
    I love this kennel, all the dogs are out playing with friends during the day and go into their pen for dinner and bed.
    Have know idea what we are going to do