+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Erm.... noisy neighbours!

Ok so we live in a unit, ground floor. The young couple above us are constantly having the NOISIEST sex!! Problem is, besides the fact that I don't want to hear it, is that their bedroom is directly above my kids bedroom! Now I remember as a kid that anything to do with sex made me terribly uncomfortable, and those awkward nights waking up in the middle of the night and hearing 'noises' from my parents room... I really really hated it and made me quite upset. So I'm worried that if my kids figure out *that* is what the neighbours are doing (my kids are 10, 7 and 5), then they will feel really yucky too.

Soooo... what do I do?
    I don't really feel I can tell them to keep it down. I'm far to shy to tell them that LOL. Plus I guess it is their home and they can do what they want in their home, but I try so hard to keep the kids from yelling etc especially on the balcony, for fear of disturbing the neighbours, so I really wish that other people were so considerate.
    I've got the radio on atm to try and drown out the noise but the other night it was alot later so I can't really keep the radio on all night!

Also just curious if anyone else remembers hearing that kind of stuff when they were younger and did it make you feel really yuck or was that just me and my sensitive soul?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Erm.... noisy neighbours!

Lol. I got blisters in my ears from sticking my fingers in them to drown out the noise. Lol. Maybe slip a note under their door saying you appreciate their healthy sex life but you prefer not to be part of the audience. Sign it anonymously. Surely you're not the only ones to hear their nocturnal behaviour.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

CMF  (05-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hearing other people DTD is icky especially if you're a kid!

Maybe your neighbours aren't aware that the units aren't very sound proof, especially if you're making an effort to keep everyone quiet at your place
    so as not to bother them.

Are your kids always home when it happens? If not you could go in the kids room and laugh really loudly so they hear you laughing, they might think "OMG! They heard us!" and decide to tone it down a bit. If the kids are always there then maybe go into their room and get them to yell and scream or sing really loudly (make a game out of it do they don't know why you're doing it), I know it sounds a but silly but it's a way to show them that noise travels.

Best of luck, not a nice situation to be in!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlyWirly For This Useful Post:

CMF  (05-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Maybe write an anonymous note saying something like 'just letting you know we can hear you having sex, could you please keep it down' - I'm not great with wording things so you could probably come up with something better. Saves you having to auctually speak to them and they may be embarrassed to be heard and will keep it quiet.

I used to hear my mother having sex as a child and it upset me a lot, made me feel gross and I hated it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

CMF  (05-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Erm.... noisy neighbours!

i would try the note idea and see how that goed that way your not confronting them.
    i used to hear noises from parents room but never put 2 and 2 together until i was sexually active lol

Sent from my GT-I8150T using BubHub

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JessicaBailey For This Useful Post:

CMF  (05-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://mobile.news.com.au/top-storie...-1226458052248

Noise complaint?

but in all seriousness, is it people noises or furniture noises? Only asking because one of my housemates used to be quite noisy but it was the furniture creaking and hitting the wall (making the whole house shake...) not them moaning etc so there was really nothing that could be done.

you could leave them a note, but it might not change anything.... It's part and parcel of living in a unit block sorry.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to wannawannabe For This Useful Post:

CMF  (05-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Typed letter in the letterbox or under the door
    Notify their real estate agent, body corp (if applicable) or police if there's no improvement ..

13. The Following User Says Thank You to newmummy2010 For This Useful Post:

CMF  (05-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    http://mobile.news.com.au/top-storie...-1226458052248

Noise complaint?

but in all seriousness, is it people noises or furniture noises?
    Yes. People noises. Her infact.
    "OH! OH! OHHH! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" And they go at it for aaaages too. It's really ick.

And wow at that article! Maybe I can ring the police and say I heard yelling and screaming?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyWirly View Post
    Hearing other people DTD is icky especially if you're a kid!

Maybe your neighbours aren't aware that the units aren't very sound proof, especially if you're making an effort to keep everyone quiet at your place
    so as not to bother them.

Are your kids always home when it happens? If not you could go in the kids room and laugh really loudly so they hear you laughing, they might think "OMG! They heard us!" and decide to tone it down a bit. If the kids are always there then maybe go into their room and get them to yell and scream or sing really loudly (make a game out of it do they don't know why you're doing it), I know it sounds a but silly but it's a way to show them that noise travels.

Best of luck, not a nice situation to be in!
    No they're not always home. But honestly she is so loud I don't think they could hear anything else over her yelling!

I have though about writing a note but they are young, and I worry that they might decide to be smart @rses and be even louder after receiving a note. And I can't really put on it that my kids are upset as I think I'm the only one with kids, so the would know it was me and that would be awkward!

Thanks
    Reviews

I read an article lately where some person put a note in the letterbox congratulating them on their achievements and that they really enjoyed listening to em etc. went the total opposite way and tried to gross them out back. Controversial idea but it'd make me think twice!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to rae81 For This Useful Post:

CMF  (05-12-2012)