+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Shopping Centre Parking Limit

Some of the larger shopping centres in Sydney have 3 hrs once per day. But they charge after the 3 hrs is up, and have tickets and boom gates with cameras that check number plates.

A friend was doing Christmas shopping a couple of years ago, then realised later that afternoon that she had forgotten one item. She went back to get it and was charged for parking for her 2nd entry into the car park, even though, in total she was parked for less than 3 hrs in total during the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Its rather simple..

You can go there twice.. You just cannot park there for more than one of the maximum time frame.

So you get 3 hours, once.

You can park there for 5 mins and come back for 3 hours.. and no one would care..

DH used to park in a shop and would move the car every 3 hours to get free parking.. thats all they are talking about..

I really dont think its that full on.. and I totally get why they do it, or there would never be any parks.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

monnie24  (06-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had similar at a local library a while back, when questioned, they said it was to stop workers using customer parking for their all day shifts...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Shopping Centre Parking Limit

There was a parking block near our old place in Sydney that was 1hr parking "one entry per day" with cameras. So if you went twice you had to pay the fee or cop a fine.

But I'd take 3 hours per day to mean you could go for 1.5 hours and go back for 1.5 hours.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

We have similar signs at my local shopping centre. As pp people said its to stop people who work in the centre from parking there. They actually get allocated a section! My friend works at woolies and got a fine for being lazy

If you park there, move your car your fine. Just as if you had a spot in the city or had to put money in a ticket machine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    One of our stores is at a centre with a simular policy...a regular cutomer got a fine, she rang them and explained she came in the morning for coffee and a quick shop, the back after school with he kids to shop some more. The center apologized and withdrew the fine.

It's to discourage staff and commuters parking there all day, alot of them just move their car at lunch and argue that they left so the time is restated.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to F&A For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (06-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why wouldn't they want customers to return on the same day? It doesn't make sense. Must be a mistake.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtyban View Post
    Its rather simple..

You can go there twice.. You just cannot park there for more than one of the maximum time frame.

So you get 3 hours, once.

You can park there for 5 mins and come back for 3 hours.. and no one would care..

DH used to park in a shop and would move the car every 3 hours to get free parking.. thats all they are talking about..

I really dont think its that full on.. and I totally get why they do it, or there would never be any parks.
    That's fine if that's what I could get confirmed to me but I'm not sure how to get them to confirm it. I don't want to risk a fine and find out the hard way. When I rang the lady told me it was fine because I will be coming back within 3 hours but when I tried to get confirmation that I would be allowed to enter again say 4 hours after entering the first time (even though both time I was really only dropping off) I couldn't get an answer and just got put on hold.

Its says 3 hour parling limit (once per day). I have been trying to get them to confirm that its a 3 hour total parking limit but getting nowhere. I think it could mean that or it could also mean you get anything up to 3 hours but only once per day. I pressume we cant do anything that would take longer than 3 hours total.

Not sure how else to try and get an answer from them? With an older DD who sometimes wants to go there after school (they have a Smiggle there LOL) and have me pick her up I have been avoiding going there at all during the day just in case. Its annoying though as thats where I like to get our bread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I think if there are no boom gates, no tickets and the management can't give you a clear answer then you are safe to return and enter more than once.

It really is just for people who go and park all day and simply move their car from spot to spot every three hours.

It's not to deter actual customers.