+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Yeah, in America they also kill people for their crimes, such a upstanding example of morality.

Can you supply evidence to back up that Australian police use wrist locks as corporal punishment?
    I didn't say corporal punishment...I said pain compliance.

My husband is in the industry. If you want evidence...get yourself arrested and start playing up,...you'll soon get your evidence ROFL!!! Or just ask a crim - pretty simple! How else do you think police keep themselves and other safe, do you think they pull out weapons every five minutes?? They don't. They have pain compliance techniques they use.

ETA - I told you what they use tasers for in american...we're not discussing other issues other than tasering being used as example of getting someone to comply. Somebody said it is to restrain...and i'm telling you that it is to restrain but ALSO for compliance. If it's now not suiting your argument (which it clearly isn't) find another argument. I'm sure there is stacks of research suggesting that smacking children causes life long issues so start pulling them out so we can discuss it.
    Last edited by Deserama; 06-12-2012 at 23:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    See this is an example of why I think hitting does not work, if it did you would not have talked back to your mum in the car as surely you knew she would hit you?
    But it did certainly make me think twice but when your 15 and know everything your mouth gets a little testy. I got smacked once for slamming the door in her face I never did that again. I got smacked for not coming home when I was suppose too I made sure I was home on time. It didnt take more than 1 smack for me to learn but then again I say it worked on me but I cant smack my kids myself I just cant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've already said that when it comes to keeping others, the individual and themselves safe they sometimes have to resort to things like tasers.

With a child you can restrain them physically.

We've been over this already?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've already said that when it comes to keeping others, the individual and themselves safe they sometimes have to resort to things like tasers.

With a child you can restrain them physically.

We've been over this already?
    It goes further than that. If they don't do as they're told, police can use pain compliance to get them to.....comply. "Spread your legs" "Put your hands behind your back" "What's that you got under your ball sack...get on the ground..get on the ground NOW!!!!!!" *grab...lock* "Do it now"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserama View Post
    It goes further than that. If they don't do as they're told, police can use pain compliance to get them to.....comply. "Spread your legs" "Put your hands behind your back" "What's that you got under your ball sack...get on the ground..get on the ground NOW!!!!!!" *grab...lock* "Do it now"
    Can you do a video demo of that as an example?

It still reads as restraining to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you do a video demo of that as an example?

It still reads as restraining to me.
    Er no...LOL Well it's not. It's getting a crim to do as he's told. If he's told to spread his legs and he doesn't....HE IS MADE TO. Do you understand that? If he's told to stand in front of the charge sargeant and he decides to F A around then he is MADE TO. He is MADE to comply.

Thanks
    Reviews
    On 7mate right now there is a program on called "Jail" - it is similar to what my husband does. You will see how they use pain compliance as well as restraint and how different it is (hopefully - if the episode has it).

ETA - the difference between what my dh does and what they do on this program is that the crim is UNCUFFED as soon as they enter. These people are lucky to have their crims retrained on entering. My dh is not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserama View Post
    Er no...LOL Well it's not. It's getting a crim to do as he's told. If he's told to spread his legs and he doesn't....HE IS MADE TO. Do you understand that? If he's told to stand in front of the charge sargeant and he decides to F A around then he is MADE TO. He is MADE to comply.
    For safety.

Much like if my son refuses to come off the road, I will make him come off the road by removing him.

The only difference is the level of force required.

They aren't doing it to teach a lesson, that may be a by product, but the aim is to have them comply for safety reasons.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Smacking your child

For safety.

Much like if my son refuses to come off the road, I will make him come off the road by removing him.

The only difference is the level of force required.

They aren't doing it to teach a lesson, that may be a by product, but the aim is to have them comply for safety reasons.
    what if he refuses to come off the road? You make him? By force? Against his will? How much force? Enough to hurt? A shove can hurt. Lifting the wrong way can hurt. A push can hurt. You might hurt his feelings.

ETA. You are getting him out of danger. You are teaching him that he can't play on the road. He might not like it. Forcing him off the road might hurt him if it comes to having to shove him. You do what you gotta do at the time. I understand that.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub
    Last edited by DesperatelySeekingSleep; 06-12-2012 at 23:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    what if he refuses to come off the road? You make him? By force? Against his will? How much force? Enough to hurt? A shove can hurt. Lifting the wrong way can hurt. A push can hurt. You might hurt his feelings.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub
    Lol, it's very different than using pain to teach him not to do it.