+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You sound like my mum she leave the air con on for her dogs to. She actually has a door that clicks into the sliding door so you can remove it when their on holiday/camping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxerDogLover View Post
    Thanks for the replies! Nobody can see the back door so they would have to be intentionally entering our garden. they would bark their heads off but are big sooks so wouldn't attack them. It might deter a robber entering though. I've been just leaving the door open for them but starting to get lots of moths and bugs coming in! Spoilt puppies, i left the air con on for them today while i went out because it was so hot
    We got the doggy door when a 1.5ft water dragon lizard walked into the house. It went into our ensuite. We didn't know it was there. DH got out of the shower, grabbed his towel, lizard was on the back of it, he didn't know, put the towel around himself, lizard ran down his body, straight towards me (I'm terrified of lizards of all shapes and sizes). Locked it in the ensuite, had to call the wildlife catcher. Needless to say, the door no longer remains open to the yard.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Doggie doors - what about robbers?

I always think the robber would be more likely to choose a house where they don't have to get passed the dogs (even if they're friendly).

I reckon you're right to wonder about insurance, you'd have to assume you wouldn't be covered...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure if they have them for dog doors, but a friend of mine has a cat door with a special lock on it that keeps the door locked until the cat comes near it (the cat wears a device on its collar that remotely signals the door to unlock when in range).

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Doggie doors - what about robbers?

Quote Originally Posted by BoxerDogLover View Post
    I want to install a doggie door so that our dogs have access to the house during the day, but they are big dogs, a dog door for them would be big enough for an adult to crawl through.
    Would you be insured if you got robbed this way?
    I suppose even small doggie doors a robber could send a child or a midget through and get them to open the door.
    Do you think it's too risky?
    Haha funny visual! Don't think robbers go round with midgets to crawl thru tight spaces for them!!