+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Mirena?

No doubt this has been asked before, but please give me the good bad and ugly on the Mirena? Pros and cons...

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Had since 6 week checkup, a tiny bit uncomfortable being inserted. Cramps for the rest of the day. Light bloody show every 2-3 months for 1 day. No problems or complaints from me, I love it!!

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Mirena?

Had two. Love both of them.

Didn't find insertion uncomfortable but cramping afterwards. Light bleeding for up to 3 months but then no period again until it was removed :-)

I love mine :-) but I have a gf who's tried it twice and had really heavy bleeding, like her body was rejecting it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for posting this thread OP... I'm having the Mirena put in in jan. have to wait 12 weeks as I had a c-section.
    Also interested if it hurts more to insert if you have never had a natural birth

Thanks
    Reviews
    had the mirena at 6 week check,
    i didnt like it, i was POAS as i had all the pregancy symptoms bloated cramps MS was moody and got headaches, got it removed- All gone,

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Didn't like it either turned me into a really angry person I snapped all the time, all I wanted to do was to scream and yell at people I bled the whole time. I had it taken out and was like a new person the next day.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mirena?

Quote Originally Posted by mum2twinboys View Post
    Thanks for posting this thread OP... I'm having the Mirena put in in jan. have to wait 12 weeks as I had a c-section.
    Also interested if it hurts more to insert if you have never had a natural birth
    I had mine after a C-Section and I only felt a little discomfort.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennos Mummy For This Useful Post:

mum2twinboys  (05-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I thought I liked mine. I got it for really bad periods and thought it solved all my problems.

It was crampy when I had it put in and I actually felt a little light headed and funny for a short time. Then I spotted and bled non stop for just OVER 4 and a half months! Then it stopped and nothing and I thought yay great.

BUT, I put on weight, had hair loss and my anxiety problems got a lot worse. I also suddenly needed glasses which I thought was weird. I also didn't like to be cuddled and basically had to fake it which was horrible.

I made the decision to get it out to see if it caused my problems and just over 24 hours later I realised I had been walking around with a weird foggy feeling in my head. I only realised I had it when it was gone. It's been almost 3 months now and suddenly when I wear my glasses or just after I wear them (need them for distance - driving etc) I get a headache so there is something going on there and I they need adjusting. I will have to organise and eye test again soon but no time for it at the moment. It will be interresting to see the results actually.

Thanks
    Reviews
    happy to share my experience.... decided to put the mirena when 2nd bub was 6 weeks old. My gp referred me to a clinic that 'specializes' in women health, they weren't OBs. Inserting it was more painful than the birth ( and i had an horrible birth), I bled for months. They say it's normal.... The bleeding stopped after about 3 months. Than after about 4 months ( DS was 9 mo) I started to bleed again and had pains. My GP send me to do US and they found out the mirena wasn't in place. I went to an OB this time to take it out. I'm not sure if it wasn't inserted correctly in the first place, but the whole experience was very traumatic for me...so now i'm on the pill...
    If you decide to go with it I would advice to check who will be inserting it...good luck
    Last edited by karenho; 05-12-2012 at 19:18.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mirena?

Hi have had an IUD inserted 3 months ago but it was the copper one as I decided I wanted something without hormones.

The doctor inserted it while I was under twighlight sedation so I can't tell you if it hurt or not. I went straight home and had sex. Spotted a tiny bit.

The first period I had after insertion I bled for 8 days (I usually only bleed lightly for 4) the second period was better and the one that just went was pretty much normal.

I really love mine. Can't speak highly enough about it.