+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Gastro and 30 weeks pregnant...

Basically I have been up since 4 am with gastro. I can't keep anything down, not even water... Should I ring the maternity ward?

I also have really low bp and am getting dizzy spells, just to add to everything else. Lol

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had gastro very late in my pregnancy with my daughter. It was awful, but I just treated it the same as gastro when not pregnant. Lie down as much as you can, don't consume ANY food, and take very small sips of gastrolite or cold water with a bit of juice in it.

Unless it goes on for more than 24 hours and you can't keep anythign down at all, you needn't worry about baby, they'll still take everything they need from you, it's just you that will be suffering!

I'd really try to avoid leaving the house if you can. You need to rest and stay away from other people, especially young children and babies xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Gastro and 30 weeks pregnant...

It just worried me, as my ob has asked me to drink more than normal amounts of water, due to my low bp. I can't even get any where near normal amounts atm, and I'm extremely dizzy, almost like I'm about to pass out...

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week

Default Gastro and 30 weeks pregnant...

I would call for your own peace of mind. You may need to go in and have some fluids through a drip. Feel better xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ring you're ob if you're worried and see what he says?

I know I always feel like I'm going to pass out if I try to do anything when I have gastro, so I just try to lie down and move as little as possible.

But if you're concerned about your BP issues then definitely ring and see what he thinks you should do