+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,245
    Thanks
    1,772
    Thanked
    2,017
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

    Default Re: Rental Help

    They might be leaving your lease to have you go on periodic once it's ended. I think the notice they have to give you to vacate is only about a month then.
    They may not be wanting you out though. A lot of leases end up periodic once the initial one has ended.
    It sucks not knowing though.

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

    PomPoms  (08-12-2012)

  3. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,612
    Thanks
    2,724
    Thanked
    864
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    They might be leaving your lease to have you go on periodic once it's ended. I think the notice they have to give you to vacate is only about a month then.
    They may not be wanting you out though. A lot of leases end up periodic once the initial one has ended.
    It sucks not knowing though.

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    I think that is the issue, the not knowing.

    I know that we have to give 2 weeks notice before the end of the lease if we are going. But no where on anything does it say how long they have to give.

    I might call the RTA again lol.......silly anxious me!

  4. #23
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Gippsland
    Posts
    14,655
    Thanks
    1,207
    Thanked
    3,833
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    They might be leaving your lease to have you go on periodic once it's ended. I think the notice they have to give you to vacate is only about a month then.
    They may not be wanting you out though. A lot of leases end up periodic once the initial one has ended.
    It sucks not knowing though.

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    I worked in real estate. The minimum notice that the landlord can give a tenant is 60 days.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

    PomPoms  (08-12-2012)

  6. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,612
    Thanks
    2,724
    Thanked
    864
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    I worked in real estate. The minimum notice that the landlord can give a tenant is 60 days.
    Oh okay! Thank you!
    Last edited by PomPoms; 10-12-2012 at 22:57.

  7. #25
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Gippsland
    Posts
    14,655
    Thanks
    1,207
    Thanked
    3,833
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerilee View Post
    I think that is the issue, the not knowing.

    I know that we have to give 2 weeks notice before the end of the lease if we are going. But no where on anything does it say how long they have to give.

    I might call the RTA again lol.......silly anxious me!
    Not sure if it's the same in your state, but here in Vic you have to give a minimum of 28 days notice if you want to vacate at the end of the lease.

    If you can find somewhere a lot cheaper then it would possibly be worth your while to move. However, if you consider the cost of actually moving (removal truck, etc), is it really worth it for a tiny amount of money?

    I used to see it all the time when I worked in real estate, people moving frequently due to small rent increases etc. It won't look good on your rental history if you're moving a lot.

  8. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,612
    Thanks
    2,724
    Thanked
    864
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Not sure if it's the same in your state, but here in Vic you have to give a minimum of 28 days notice if you want to vacate at the end of the lease.

    If you can find somewhere a lot cheaper then it would possibly be worth your while to move. However, if you consider the cost of actually moving (removal truck, etc), is it really worth it for a tiny amount of money?

    I used to see it all the time when I worked in real estate, people moving frequently due to small rent increases etc. It won't look good on your rental history if you're moving a lot.
    I think the same as this.
    Last edited by PomPoms; 10-12-2012 at 22:58.

  9. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,293
    Thanks
    3,115
    Thanked
    6,304
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

    Default Rental Help

    In NSW landlords have to give 30 days notice for tenants to vacate before the end of fixed term lease ( so on the 22 dec they can request you leave when the lease is up) however after the lease expires they have to give you 90 days notice - they can't increase the rent until your lease expires and then it's 60 days notice

    As Hollywood said though $3 a week really is nothing when you add the cost of moving etc plus depending where you live (in Sydney the rental market is still quite strong) and you may end up paying more for a new home anyway

  10. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,816
    Thanks
    379
    Thanked
    389
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You said you are in QLD... a landlord has to give 2 months notice if they wish you to vacate, and a tenant has to give 2 weeks notice.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pina Colada For This Useful Post:

    PomPoms  (08-12-2012)

  12. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,612
    Thanks
    2,724
    Thanked
    864
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    In NSW landlords have to give 30 days notice for tenants to vacate before the end of fixed term lease ( so on the 22 dec they can request you leave when the lease is up) however after the lease expires they have to give you 90 days notice - they can't increase the rent until your lease expires and then it's 60 days notice

    As Hollywood said though $3 a week really is nothing when you add the cost of moving etc plus depending where you live (in Sydney the rental market is still quite strong) and you may end up paying more for a new home anyway
    Anyway will see what happens I guess.
    Last edited by PomPoms; 10-12-2012 at 22:58.

  13. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,245
    Thanks
    1,772
    Thanked
    2,017
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

    Default Re: Rental Help

    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    I worked in real estate. The minimum notice that the landlord can give a tenant is 60 days.
    Oh ok.. It's been a bit over a year since i've lived in QLD so i'm a bit rusty on the legislation.


    Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub


 

Similar Threads

  1. Rental help! Is this possible..?
    By PorkyPies in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28-09-2012, 08:04
  2. What do you look for in a rental?
    By pinkplease3 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 22-08-2012, 10:52
  3. How do you get a rental!?
    By rainbow road in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-05-2012, 21:35

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Softmats
With so many amazing reversible designs, the soft and cushioned Premium Bubba Mats are the perfect space for all the family. Not only do they look fantastic; you can also enjoy the quality and comfort for years to come.
sales & new stuffsee all
The Health Hub
Give a new mum a fitness boost for Christmas & New Year. Studio-based, small group training sessions - cardio, strength, core, Pilates & boxing. Choice of 16 hrs per week, flexible-arrival feature - bubs & kids welcome! Gift vouchers available.
featured supporter
Impressionable Kids
Impressionable Kids are Australia's leader in framed children's memorabilia and specialise in framed baby hand and feet sculptures. With franchise locations throughout Australia you can be assured you will receive a quality handmade product with a lifetime warranty on all frames.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!