Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    who is the expert?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbles10 For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (11-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    My 3 year old still sleeps with me, I don't have a problem with it ( although poor DH has to sleep in DS's room! ) any ideas when he will WANT to sleep on his own? (I will not force him to or do any kind of sleep "training")
    We are in a similar situation. Ds is almost 3.5 and he will fall asleep in his own bed (I have to sit with him, so I would like to know when I can eventually just say 'good night' and just walk out). But then he wakes around 11pm and comes into out bed. He sleeps between dh and I.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MelbourneManda View Post
    How do I solve my catnapping DD. She is now 4 months old and has done this during the day since 8 weeks. She puts herself to sleep without any aids like rocking, dummy etc but will not sleep longer than 40 min. She does self settle after one sleep cycle at night. I have tried patting and shushing but she just gets hysterical. The only way I can get more sleep is to go walking in the pram but it would be so nice to be able to stay home. What routines do you suggest for a catnapper?
    this now happens to my 10 weeks old. He does need some cuddles to settle for naps but can put himself to sleep once in the cot. But he cries after 30-45 minutes and I am not sure if he wants to continue napping (not hungry not dirty). If I leave him to self-settle he will cry till he wakes. So I attend by giving him dummy and sshhing but it doesnt work. i resort to carrying to resettle and put him into the cot again but if it happens more than 2 times I pop him into the swing and he can nap for longer. My question is also how do I resettle bub successfully from one sleep cycle to the next?

and is sleeping for 30-45mins called catnapping? As I know one sleep cycle is about 50mins.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MelbourneManda View Post
    How do I solve my catnapping DD. She is now 4 months old and has done this during the day since 8 weeks. She puts herself to sleep without any aids like rocking, dummy etc but will not sleep longer than 40 min. She does self settle after one sleep cycle at night. I have tried patting and shushing but she just gets hysterical. The only way I can get more sleep is to go walking in the pram but it would be so nice to be able to stay home. What routines do you suggest for a catnapper?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2TwoDSs View Post
    this now happens to my 10 weeks old. He does need some cuddles to settle for naps but can put himself to sleep once in the cot. But he cries after 30-45 minutes and I am not sure if he wants to continue napping (not hungry not dirty). If I leave him to self-settle he will cry till he wakes. So I attend by giving him dummy and sshhing but it doesnt work. i resort to carrying to resettle and put him into the cot again but if it happens more than 2 times I pop him into the swing and he can nap for longer. My question is also how do I resettle bub successfully from one sleep cycle to the next?and is sleeping for 30-45mins called catnapping? As I know one sleep cycle is about 50mins.
    I found with ds1 and 2 they started to stretch their sleeps from around 8 months of age from 40/50 min to 90min-2hrs Without me resettling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles10 View Post
    who is the expert?

Hi - the guests on the sleeping episode were Prof Matt Sanders from Triple P and child health nurse/lactation consulation Jenni Watts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your replies. The show was taped in December and will likely be shown on Briz31 in February. Will keep you posted ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone! Here's the link to the Sleeping and Settling episode: http://www.bubhub.com.au/bub-hub-club/episode-three.php

Thanks!