Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What are your SLEEP issues? Ask an expert!

My 3 and a half year old has never slept through. She wakes between 12-1.30 am then generally an hour later, then wakes at 5am and there's no chance she will go back to sleep.

We follow a good night routine, have a dim nightlight, warm milk, book, bed at 7pm.

When she wakes we don't bring her into bed with us or anything. She doesn't just stir and cry a bit so we can ignore and see if she goes back to sleep- she begins by screaming really loud and repeating 'I want mummy' over and over. Dp always has to go because if I go she'll never go back to sleep. Plus at the minute if I get up through night my morning sickness and dizziness kicks in ( I am 7 weeks pregnant). We also have a 5 year old who also wakes generally once through night. We've tried putting them in room together for comfort but that didn't work either. We've practically given up on sleep.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mummyx2 princesses For This Useful Post:

BH-editor  (05-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

How do I solve my catnapping DD. She is now 4 months old and has done this during the day since 8 weeks. She puts herself to sleep without any aids like rocking, dummy etc but will not sleep longer than 40 min. She does self settle after one sleep cycle at night. I have tried patting and shushing but she just gets hysterical. The only way I can get more sleep is to go walking in the pram but it would be so nice to be able to stay home. What routines do you suggest for a catnapper?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MelbourneManda For This Useful Post:

Mom2TwoDSs  (24-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What are your SLEEP issues? Ask an expert!

My ds is nearly 14 months and he wakes an average of 6-7 times a night. He has a dummy and sometimes he is still half asleep calling out and other times he is sitting up crying. He goes straight back to sleep most times. Is there anything I can do or just deal with it until he grows out of it. We are planning to take the dummy away when we come back from my parents house after Christmas

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know ill probaly get the evil eye fomr many mums for this but, is there such a thing as too much sleep for kids?
    My 4 year old wakes about 630am, still naps for about 2 hours and then is asleep but 8pm (sometimes 7.30pm) and sleeps though til morning.
    Is that normal or should i cut out her day naps?
    Ive tried cuting out the nap but she gets so cranky and is ready for bed at 6pm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How do I get DD who is 1 to sleep without being wrapped? She sleeps in a love to dream zip up wrap and flat out will not go to sleep without it. Is it too soon to try and get her to sleep without it? And how do I stop th 4am wake ups for a bottle?? She gets fed heaps through the day and has a bottle before bed but still wakes overnight for a feed.

strawberry swing is offline not so patiently waiting for the 1st of july!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by The C Team View Post
    Is there a trick to getting my 7 month old to sleep in her bed through the day rather than in my arms? I'm not keen on CIO and while I have given it a go it hasn't seemed to do anything other than put her out of sorts.
    When I do manage to get her down in her bed she only sleeps for 15 minutes and resettling is futile.
    this with a 5 month old

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Co ordinating toddler and newbie sleeps when you cuddle/feed/rock both to sleep.

I have days that work and days that don't.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What are your SLEEP issues? Ask an expert!

Has the tv show been filmed yet? I can't find any videos on the bub hub website at all. Where are they located?

Does anyone know?

Thanks
    Reviews

DS is seven months old and is put to bed at 7.00pm. He wakes early, usually between 4.30am and 5.30am when he dirties his nappy. I change him but the only way I've been able to get him back to sleep is by taking him out in the pram, where he falls asleep within 15 minutes. While this is great exercise for me (Grrr I'm not a morning person!) I would love if he slept through until 6.00am. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CuddlesAwait View Post
    Has the tv show been filmed yet? I can't find any videos on the bub hub website at all. Where are they located?

Does anyone know?
    HI! We have filmed the show but it is still yet to air. They tell us it will be on the air in February - Briz31 (so Brisbane only) but we are stilll hoping to get the episodes online too for everyone else!

Thanks!