+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I need help!! 21 month old twin sleeping issues!!

Someone please help me!!
    I have 21 month old twin boys, who from about 6 months old haven't been the best of sleepers, due to teething & the dreaded dummy!
    They have always been good at going to bed, we could put them in their cots & they would go to sleep with no dramas and we wouldn't hear a peep for atleast 4 hours & then thats when the fun would begin, we would be up and down every few hours replacing dummies or coaxing them back to sleep in their own cots.
    However in the last 6 weeks or so it has gotten worse. They carry on at bed time, we put them in their cots and they just scream and pro test throw their comforters out & their dummies, we have tried leaving them and we have tried going in and laying them back down saying good night. Nothing works. The only way they will go to sleep is if we stand in their bedroom until they have fallen asleep. No patting, just standing. Then they will sleep for a few hours and wake up and do the same thing, scream and protest throw everything out but then not even us standing there til they go to sleep works then. They will not go back to sleep until they are in our bed. We have put up with that the last few weeks but now with the warmer weather its getting too hot & hard. They are terrible to sleep with. Tossing & turning its unbearable!
    We have tried moving them back to their own beds once they are asleep only to have them wake up again and do it all over again.
    I am at my wits end. We don't know what to do anymore!!
    So if someone could give me some advice, help, tips on what I can do to get them sleeping all night in their own beds I will be forever grateful! I thought the older they got the better the sleeping gets, it seems to be the opposite here.
    I plan on getting rid of the dummies after xmas, as they do rely on them through the night and I think half the reason they are waking in the night is because they have lost them. Plus they have been teething on and off with the last of their molars, but they still haven't come through yet.
    We have always stuck to the same routine. Bed time has been 7 o'clock since we got in to the routine when they were babies.
    I have read books and looked at things on the internet but nothing has helped yet. I wish they could tell me what the problem is so I can fix it!
    Someone suggested putting them in beds, but I'm not sure how that would help, we would just have the problem of them getting out all the time!
    So any advice is appreciated thank you :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default I need help!! 21 month old twin sleeping issues!!

Bumping for you - I have no useful advice.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 2Bboys For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (09-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: I need help!! 21 month old twin sleeping issues!!

We have just been to the Ellen Barron Centre, in Brisbane. It is a residential parenting centre. They do not use controlled crying.

Have you considered doing something like this?

Which State are you in?

I know it it's really, really difficult when you are sleep deprived and nothing seems to work but putting them in your bed may not be helpful if you don't want this to happen in the long run. I agree with you about the dummies...it can get to a point where dummies cause more night wakings than they prevent.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure if we have anything like that here. I'm in tassie but I will give our clinic a call and see if they know.

We had a couple of good nights with one sleeping all night in their own cot the last few nights. I wish they could tell me what's causing them to wake up!!