+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Default Now we have a problem - Week 7, Day 1 - Blog 65

I'm a bit of a mess today and it's only just past 6am. First of all, I got up and did my weights and measurements. I've "gained" 500grams since Saturday and weighed in at 79.9kgs. Not back in the 80s, thankfully but disheartening nonetheless. Worse still, I had zero movement in the tape measure. I'm not sure what more I can do, I'm not eating crap and I'm exercising 1hr and 23 mins a day. Every day except my rest day. That being said, I know that I have to just keep going and the results will come even if it doesn't happen in the timeframe I'd like it to. I can't pretend that it isn't frustrating and upsetting, though.

That being said, that's not the problem. The problem is that this morning I didn't do my workout. Officially my first one skipped. It wasn't because I was sad about my measurements, that would only have spurred me on but it was because I have too much going on in my brain this morning. I put on Ripped and as I was going through the warm up, I started thinking about everything then by the time I was halfway through the second song I slowed down and then just stood staring numbly at the screen for awhile. Eventually I just turned the television off and went to get ready for work. I don't feel too terrible about missing my workout though it does bother me that I let my situation effect me so much that I skipped my first workout. As long as it doesn't become a habit, that'll really be a problem.

I'm really glad that I'm seeing the counsellor today, I need to get my head sorted out because at the moment I'm barely functioning. After I skipped my workout, I stood numbly in the shower for awhile and forgot to wash my face cleanser off before I got out. I've been trying to figure out if the "old me" would handle everything differently and I suppose she would but I can't be sure anymore. I think she would've stuffed her face with crap food to feel better and missing a workout wouldn't have been an issue because there wouldn't have been a workout to miss.

My only consolation is that I'm starting an aerial silks course tonight with my friend and that's a crazy arm workout. I did half of the course in September before having to give up the rest because it clashed with my holiday. After the first lesson, I couldn't lift my arms for two days!

Anyway, here's hoping that today's counselling session can give me some kind of help to sort through what's going on in my head. I'm hopeful that it will.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    x million.....

Now the first thing you NEED to know is that your body needs plateau's. It can't function properly without them. I know it is really hard but they are super important if you don't want to look like the Roley dog in the loo paper add.
    It is all part of the process. Weight loss is never a straight down line, it always looks like a set of stairs with landings even now and then. So your body is doing what it needs to do so that you can keep losing.

You haven't skipped a workout unless you don't do tonight. Don't allow this to be a extra thing to stress about. It a nothing thing. Your are a changed person,You are strong, You are able to keep moving forward.
    Now you have my number if you need to chat I am here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Thanks hun, I guess I'd never thought of that. If I lost weight too fast, I would end up with rolls of loose skin and my body needs time to adjust.

Yeah, I'm definitely not skipping aerial silks tonight, I'm really looking forward to it but there's no way I'll be able to do Zumba when I get home lol!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Queen View Post
    Thanks hun, I guess I'd never thought of that. If I lost weight too fast, I would end up with rolls of loose skin and my body needs time to adjust.

Yeah, I'm definitely not skipping aerial silks tonight, I'm really looking forward to it but there's no way I'll be able to do Zumba when I get home lol!
    Hun, you don't need to Zumba when you get home, you will already have done an amazing workout.

Don't be hard on yourself for skipping a workout. It happens. It takes more than one time to form a habit.

Thanks
    Reviews

I had a bad week for losses too hon, only 300g loss and a gain in waist measurements, but like Jenny said, our bodies need plateaus. Hopefully it just means you and I will have an awesome loss next week, just in time for the end of the challenge and then Christmas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Thanks guys, I definitely didn't Zumba when I got home, my arms were wrecked! I got back on the wagon this morning with my workout, though.

Good point, purple! Fingers crossed we have good losses next week to compensate! I've lost so much that I forget that I have had weeks where I lost nothing and then weeks where I lost tonnes but in my mind I go "oh, I've lost a kilo a week" when in reality I had plateaus!