+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default *Spin off* Why is it so damn hard to....

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInShadesOfGrey View Post
    To peel an egg just tap the top and tap the bottom and remove a 5cent piece of egg shell from the top and bottom. Hold your hand at the bottom of the egg and hold the egg with your other hand. Take a deep breath and blow hard into the hole on the top of the egg and the whole egg will pop out of the bottom hole.

That's how DP gets eggs out. And with minimal practise he can peel 4 eggs in 4 breaths total and a few seconds.
    I want to go cook some eggs just to try this trick.

Thanks
    Reviews

If you put eggs straight out of the hot water into cold water the shells will peel off in one piece

TeamAwesome is offline No one's perfect, but everyone can be awesome.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Jars and suction jar lids hold firmly onto the neck of the jar, turn upside down and firmly on the bottom several times. This works 90% of the time first go and doesn't require any fancy gadets.

DH is my jar opener but when DH isn't home which is majority of the time when I want to open them I used to use the grip cloths but they all disappeared bought more which went missing again still haven't found them I suspect DH put them into some project or the other because it was there

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I thought of some more:.. paint your toes. They're just too far away it's always an awkward occasion, my feet propped up on the table, leaning forward..

Whistle! How hard is it? Well for me I just can't... although I can do the fingers in my mouth "concert" whistle.. so go figure.

Click my fingers. I'm like the little boy from Mary Poppins who just could not master it.

Use chopsticks. I don't think this will ever happen for me, lol..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Those dettol household wipes that you take off lid and thread through the first wipe , I always trap my finger and nearly skin it alive pulling it out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another one for makers of baby wipes . Can't they make the wipe packet less noisy? When I'm doing a calm bottom change at night on baby it's all good until the wipe packet starts making this awful crackle noise and wakes her up!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to babynomad For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (05-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I always find eggs easy to peel. Boil them... cool them off (so they don't burn you while you try to remove the shell), and then roll them on the bench. The shell will shatter, and slide off!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

Default Re: *Spin off* Why is it so damn hard to....

Quote Originally Posted by TeamAwesome View Post
    Jars and suction jar lids hold firmly onto the neck of the jar, turn upside down and firmly on the bottom several times. This works 90% of the time first go and doesn't require any fancy gadets.

DH is my jar opener but when DH isn't home which is majority of the time when I want to open them I used to use the grip cloths but they all disappeared bought more which went missing again still haven't found them I suspect DH put them into some project or the other because it was there
    You can also put a rubber band around the lid and it makes it easier to open.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I always find eggs easy to peel. Boil them... cool them off (so they don't burn you while you try to remove the shell), and then roll them on the bench. The shell will shatter, and slide off!
    Help! Mine never come off that easily! What is the trick!? How long do you "cool" them for? Not sure what I do wrong...!

Thanks
    Reviews

The fresher the egg the harder it is to peel.