+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Stand Mixers.. KitchenAid? Or others?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulahoop View Post
    I have a very old Kenwood, and have grown up with them and they are faultless. I was given a 'junior version' (ie not the Chef) and it bounces around a lot and the plastic bits break, and I prefer to use the old Kenwood anytime. You can get spare parts/bowls at garage sales all the time. Go quality, and not the downsized versons if you can afford it.
    This is what I have!! Best thing ever. Not the junior though. My mum have me hers and its never broken all the reviews state the new kenwoods aren't as good. (The pretty ones competing with kitchenaid)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so far, everyone!

It seems that they're all pretty good options! I'm confused!

Buying from the US seems a bargain...but I have a phobia of electrical adaptors so I don't know if I could go through with it. Lol.

The KitchenAid colour I LOVE is called 'pistachio' - it's a light green colour. BUT that's a bit daring for me so I'll probably go with an 'almond' one (cream).

I'm loving all of the attachment suggestions! A mincer sounds awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a KitchenAid. We got it online from an Australian supplier. It was Nisbets or something. I think we paid around $600.

I need to ring the Kitchen Aid people though because I am having some issues with it it ticks when I use the regular attachment. So I adjusted it a little bit so it doesn't tick but now my butter does not cream smooth there are lumps. Also when I put the whisk attachment it ticks

It makes yummy yummy mashed potatoes

I can't wait until mine is working correctly again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the Mia Mixer by New Wave Kitchen Appliances. Nice and sturdy, European design, 5.6 litre bowl, mixes throughout the entire bowl (no spots missed!), has a LED light into the bowl to make it easy to see what you are mixing. Has a 5 year warranty (nice to know!) Oh, and mine is red... looks gorgeous out on my bench.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thermomix