+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    okay please tell me I'm going nuts...

Currently on cd14, had a light AF 2 weeks ago which only lasted 2 days (normal is 5 days heavy flow).

I had a couple of drinks on Saturday night (not drunk though) and started throwing up on the way home. I spent all Sunday in bed throwing up throughout the day, then yesterday (Monday) when I sat up in bed my head was spinning like crazy and I ended up taking the day off work. Started feeling better by the afternoon.

Woke up ravenously hungry this morning, had some lightly buttered toast, felt better, but now just an hour later I'm feeling woozy again and struggling to keep my breakfast down!

I know it's probably just a stomach bug and I feel nuts for thinking it, considering I did have a sort of AF, but I'm just wondering if it would be worth going to the doc for bloods - what I'm feeling is exactly what my sis went through with morning sickness with her first bub and the AF I had a couple of weeks ago just didn't seem right. Thoughts anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Joyous January 2013 Testing Thread

I had this sort of thing happen two wks after light af but also started bleeding, went to the doc who told me to take a test and I was preg (wasnt sticky tho). Take a test and see? If neg, u may just have tummy bug

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ChannyV For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (15-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlais View Post
    okay please tell me I'm going nuts...

Currently on cd14, had a light AF 2 weeks ago which only lasted 2 days (normal is 5 days heavy flow).

I had a couple of drinks on Saturday night (not drunk though) and started throwing up on the way home. I spent all Sunday in bed throwing up throughout the day, then yesterday (Monday) when I sat up in bed my head was spinning like crazy and I ended up taking the day off work. Started feeling better by the afternoon.

Woke up ravenously hungry this morning, had some lightly buttered toast, felt better, but now just an hour later I'm feeling woozy again and struggling to keep my breakfast down!

I know it's probably just a stomach bug and I feel nuts for thinking it, considering I did have a sort of AF, but I'm just wondering if it would be worth going to the doc for bloods - what I'm feeling is exactly what my sis went through with morning sickness with her first bub and the AF I had a couple of weeks ago just didn't seem right. Thoughts anyone?
    I would get the bloods done for sure, if it was me going through it with those symptoms I would definitely think I was preggers so I don't blame you for being suspicious! you are

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cantwaitforabubba For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (15-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    I had this sort of thing happen two wks after light af but also started bleeding, went to the doc who told me to take a test and I was preg (wasnt sticky tho). Take a test and see? If neg, u may just have tummy bug
    Forgive me for being ignorant, but would a hpt show positive at this time? I Oed on the 19th of December, which is roughly 4 weeks ago. I seem to remember reading somewhere that hpts don't show a reliable result after a certain amount of time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Most of the time you would get a pos at this time. Pos preg tests from what I understand will work throughout the 1st trimester. Dont know what happens after that because all of the colour from control line would be all used up on other line

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazza78 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (15-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I think I heard that hcg starts decreasing after 12 weeks, which would affect both a blood test and hpt. Maybe try a digital test.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (15-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Kazza, I'll see how I feel towards the end of the day, if I wake up feeling gross again in the morning I'll use one of my IC's. Either way I might end up at the docs anyway because I hate feeling sick in the tummy!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hpt came up for me when I was 4-5 wks along so I think you would have to have huge amounts of hcg for it not to work. A lot of women on here keep testing each wk to see their lovely BFPs come up for wks so I don't c why it wouldn't work but I'm not expert. GL hp u feel better!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Arlais i hope you get to the bottom of it! I know my SIL has had a tummy bug of late and something seems to be doing the rounds, so if you arent feeling better soon make sure you see the doc. Either way - you prob need a check up to make sure you arent dehydrated from being sick and not eating etc.

xx
    Take care!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Joyous January 2013 Testing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    Its not due for 10days. I should have Oed on day 14 or 18 at the latest. Today is day 18 and the temp didnt dip. It did dip a little bit on day 14 but i got a positive opk the next day (was negative on day 13 and 14)
    I oed on CD 26 after my mc I was so confused because I had no idea what was going on and my first real cycle I oed a few days early than normal, are you using opks?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub