+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 139 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Joyous January 2013 Testing Thread

Woohoo. !!! Congrats dani. That's exciting!
    You only just popped into the testing threads and now you will be 'graduating' to the due date threads. Lol! All new abbreviations over there.

Best of luck. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeWithLove View Post
    SNAP missusmac. Dble post. I'm having a sad day today too! I was supposed to be feeling better after a coffee date and pedicure with my bestie but on the way home I just slipped back into feeling sad. : (

Maybe it's just denial that I have to go back to work tomorrow after a month off. POO! If only we won lotto!?

I actually have barely looked at FF this cycle. I started temping again this morning but I have lost my love for staring and counting out the days to test and when O will be. Think we will just go with the flow this month and see how we go.

I have to go back to work tomorrow and I just don't want to either. Feel a bit depressed about it although I am looking forward to DS going back to daycare, he needs to be around other kids. We struggled to get play dates over teh holidays due to people going away etc and he has been a bit painful because of loneliness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danindcoop View Post
    Well it couldnt wait ladies i took a HPT and yes i am UTD lol ill get used to the abbreviations. but yes im gunna be a mumma again !!!
    congrats!!!

What are peoples thoughts on buying baby stuff before you are UTD? I didn't until I was UTD with DS, but this time we don't need a lot. I do want a new pram with a capsule system, a new basinette, and a few odds and sods. I really want a nice pram this time (we have more money) and I thought I could layby it all. Do you think I would be jinxing myself if I do it? Just want something to do baby related

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Iv bought stuff, I don't believe in jinxing.

Congrats dani! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    Iv bought stuff, I don't believe in jinxing.

Congrats dani! Xx
    thanks for that Channy, might start with the pram then, the most expensive bit, thought if I layby it will be less painful and by the time we are utd or having baby everything else can just be savings

Thanks
    Reviews

We've bought most big things

Pram
    Cot
    Bassinet
    High chair

Etc

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

upforroundtwo  (06-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Yea we have brought heaps. I'm OCD on like planning etc lol so the last thing I want is rushing around when I am pregnant - I wanna enjoy it. And it's preparing us financially too I don't think it's jinxing it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GDYB03 For This Useful Post:

tigerchick  (08-01-2013),upforroundtwo  (06-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I was thinking of putting some things on lay by too for when I *eventually* get my BFP! Something to focus on in the meantime I'm thinkin...

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MadeWithLove View Post
    Woohoo. !!! Congrats dani. That's exciting!
    You only just popped into the testing threads and now you will be 'graduating' to the due date threads. Lol! All new abbreviations over there.

Best of luck. xx
    How do i do that lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LaDiDah View Post
    We've bought most big things

Pram
    Cot
    Bassinet
    High chair

Etc
    we have a cot, but i still want a new pram (with reversible seat or handle, bassinet, and I will get the Ikea highchair again, love that thing. Gave it to friends who recently had a baby. Regret it now we are in nz
    Quote Originally Posted by GDYB03 View Post
    Yea we have brought heaps. I'm OCD on like planning etc lol so the last thing I want is rushing around when I am pregnant - I wanna enjoy it. And it's preparing us financially too I don't think it's jinxing it.
    yes I am an ocd planner and researcher. Figure it could take us a year to fall again or even more, if we have all the stuff then when we find out then my focus will be on saving so I can more time off work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillies View Post
    I was thinking of putting some things on lay by too for when I *eventually* get my BFP! Something to focus on in the meantime I'm thinkin...
    I totally need focus. It has only been a couple of months for us but I am 35 (36 this year) it took us (with neither of us having any known issues) just over a year to fall with DS and least I think buying stuff will keep some excitement going.

Three Little Birds is offline Formerly Squiggsmom - I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by upforroundtwo View Post
    What are peoples thoughts on buying baby stuff before you are UTD? I didn't until I was UTD with DS, but this time we don't need a lot. I do want a new pram with a capsule system, a new basinette, and a few odds and sods. I really want a nice pram this time (we have more money) and I thought I could layby it all. Do you think I would be jinxing myself if I do it? Just want something to do baby related
    No way! Now's the best time to buy. Just get the basic/big stuff. And I totally agree with you about the Ikea highchair. I tell people (if they ask) whatever you do, don't buy anything other than an Ikea highchair. We were given a different, pretty highchair as a gift and it's such a PIA to clean! The Ikea ones you can just hose off!

I have a Mountain Buggy Swift and I love it. It's lightweight, collapses in one motion, has a bassinet, I can drive it with one hand, and I can fit in most shops and through the checkout. Most of my friends can't. It's also good if you want to walk or run with it but it's great for everyday use.

Hell, now I'm getting all clucky again! Babies are so much fun!