+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Joyous January 2013 Testing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LaDiDah View Post
    Mine get bigger and I get more visible veins when AF is due!
    Mine too!

I have read though that if you're pregnant the veins do get very dark and spider like as well as darker nipples :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Silly Maybe Baby is saying I am ovulating (or near to) when I'm on my 3rd day of AF, what the heck???!!!
    Confused much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    Haha I try to tell myself "u can only test with FMU, so that means oncea day" not interested in testing at the moment and don't ever want to test before AF is due anymore so I don't get sad about possible chemicals but that's just me.
    I am definitely on board with that process now channy!
    After this months ups and downs I am certainly going to think twice before I start POASing before AF is due. It's just too much heartache and too much money.

You tell yourself 'just one more little test' then one turns into 6 before you know it and you are still only 10dpo. It doesn't stop. You test again if u get a bfn incase it was too early. You test again if it was a BFP to check its getting darker.
    Honestly I don't trust hpts much now anyway. They aren't definitive and I feel only bloods can tell you what's really happening and whether its a sticky bean.

When I say 'you' I really mean 'I'. Not pointing fingers. Just this is where my head is at right now. I fully understand everyone has a different reason for POAS when they do and that's totally fine too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I think I will send my hpt's to work with DH. Then I won't be tempted to test while he is away!

My AF was seriously late last month. Usually 36-38 day and she came on CD49! When she was late I was wondering if I'd had a missed miscarriage again. And I was ok with that, because I hadn't hadnt gotten excited (where as last time i was devestated) So I think a positive then a chem/AF just makes it cruel :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LaDiDah View Post
    Mine get bigger and I get more visible veins when AF is due!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelsie View Post
    Mine too!

I have read though that if you're pregnant the veins do get very dark and spider like as well as darker nipples :-)
    thanks ladies, good to get sanity check! my nipples aren't darker but the left one has "grown" in side, like the areola is misshapen and much larger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelsie View Post
    Silly Maybe Baby is saying I am ovulating (or near to) when I'm on my 3rd day of AF, what the heck???!!!
    Confused much!
    did have a friend who would get that. she gave up on it

Quote Originally Posted by MissusMac View Post
    I think I will send my hpt's to work with DH. Then I won't be tempted to test while he is away!

My AF was seriously late last month. Usually 36-38 day and she came on CD49! When she was late I was wondering if I'd had a missed miscarriage again. And I was ok with that, because I hadn't hadnt gotten excited (where as last time i was devestated) So I think a positive then a chem/AF just makes it cruel :-(
    sending them to work with dh wouldnt work cause I would just buy more!

chems are cruel, not fair at all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shelby27 View Post
    I tell myself that too, I quickly do my fmu then tell myself I now have to wait another day to test lol.
    I do that too, I quickly run and do a wee and then tell myself I can't test now because it's not FMU anymore, lol. I've done well this month so far, AF due tomorrow and I haven't tested. I'm spotting now though so pretty sure she's on her way, nasty thing she is. I must admit though I do feel better for not testing, those BFN's were starting to really bring me down.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MadeWithLove View Post
    I am definitely on board with that process now channy!
    After this months ups and downs I am certainly going to think twice before I start POASing before AF is due. It's just too much heartache and too much money.

You tell yourself 'just one more little test' then one turns into 6 before you know it and you are still only 10dpo. It doesn't stop. You test again if u get a bfn incase it was too early. You test again if it was a BFP to check its getting darker.
    Honestly I don't trust hpts much now anyway. They aren't definitive and I feel only bloods can tell you what's really happening and whether its a sticky bean.

When I say 'you' I really mean 'I'. Not pointing fingers. Just this is where my head is at right now. I fully understand everyone has a different reason for POAS when they do and that's totally fine too.
    I totally agree with you! I've had chems and I told myself I wouldn't do it again... But here I am. Doing it to myself again!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am usually good with only doing one test first thing in the morning, but for some reason this time I have been a bit more obsessive.

If I get another BFP tomorrow, and it's darker than today, I will take that as a good sign, and then leave it for a couple of weeks and go to the GP to organise a dating scan etc.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MissSookyLaLa View Post
    I am usually good with only doing one test first thing in the morning, but for some reason this time I have been a bit more obsessive.

If I get another BFP tomorrow, and it's darker than today, I will take that as a good sign, and then leave it for a couple of weeks and go to the GP to organise a dating scan etc.
    Fx

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by princessleah View Post
    I do that too, I quickly run and do a wee and then tell myself I can't test now because it's not FMU anymore, lol. I've done well this month so far, AF due tomorrow and I haven't tested. I'm spotting now though so pretty sure she's on her way, nasty thing she is. I must admit though I do feel better for not testing, those BFN's were starting to really bring me down.
    I would rather see AF then that negative test it's depressing, that's why I'm holding off.