+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Joyous January 2013 Testing Thread

Sorry Hun I am so out of tune with my bbs, I just know they get super achey when I'm utd, hp someone can offer some advice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ah with my ds I had nothing, no morning sickness, no reflux, no cravings, no sore boobs so I have no idea what to expect, so inspect everything, trying to find signs they are also af symptoms too I don't get too excited

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    I agree that people get very passionate about certain issues, without any intention of hurting another person's feelings. Because I am a doctor and also have a Pharmacy degree, I am passionate about people receiving and understanding the correct medical and scientific information. It would break my heart to think I had upset someone. I just believe people should have the facts...what they chose to do with that information is their decision.
    I love reading your advice and comments J. I haven't read anything you have said to anyone as being offensive or anything and I think you have helped a lot of people. I think there's a difference between being passionate and being mindful of others feelings than being passionate and being outright abusive. Unfortunately the passionate people I encountered on the other thread are the later.

I also agree things can be read in the wrong way sometimes (Take my reading of suprisedmum2be's post earlier for example), however there are some things that are most definitely written bluntly with the intention of upsetting or offending someone and that's when it's very sad! One person called me a 'An un-educated, psychotic first timer and if I'm already stressing about what a pregnancy test looks like and the fact my doctor refused to do bloods than what sort of mother would I become'. No misunderstanding that one!

Looking forward to seeing some lovely BFP's soon ladies! I know my AF is starting already and will no doubt be in full swing tomorrow so I can't wait to see those lovely BFP pics in the next few days to cheer me up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by princessleah View Post
    One person called me a 'An un-educated, psychotic first timer and if I'm already stressing about what a pregnancy test looks like and the fact my doctor refused to do bloods than what sort of mother would I become'.
    good lord, what does that say about someone who could say that?!? What a horrible, cold, mean and nasty person.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by upforroundtwo View Post
    actually J something I did want your opinion on, whats your take on caffiene and ttc? I find giving up caffeine harder to give up than alcohol. I have about three plungers in the morning and then no more for the rest of the day. Such differing "studies" online about it
    OK...it's a bit of a complicated answer, but here goes. When TTC there is no problem with drinking coffee or any caffeine-containing products.
    However, in the later stages of pregnancy, caffeine is metabolised much more slowly than usual, so you have higher blood levels than usual for longer. Caffeine does cross the placenta and enter the baby's circulation, but you don't have a fully-formed placenta for several weeks after implantation, so it's definitely not an issue in the TWW.
    Most babies tolerate caffeine perfectly well in utero at moderate consumption levels, and your 3 cups a day is definitely not excessive.
    Once bubs is born, if you breastfeed, you may find that your caffeine intake makes bubs more alert (caffeine crosses into breast milk). You can usually get around this by timing your coffee and your feeds.
    Hope that helps. Your caffeine intake is certainly not in the "toxic" range, or even close, so enjoy!
    J.
    Last edited by J37; 03-01-2013 at 13:56.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (04-01-2013),butterfly2013  (03-01-2013),KerriO  (03-01-2013),MrsLA  (03-01-2013),upforroundtwo  (03-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh cool thanks I woyld cry at the moment if i had to give up coffee and I wasn't even pg. it helps me survive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks princessleah
    Means alot to hear that.
    J x.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I keep having one cup of coffee a day through pregnancy, which I figure is pretty low, and not a lot more than some people who eat lots of chocolate, coca cola etc...

Plus I figure most european and south american cultures have been drinking coffee throughout pregnancies for eons, and they haven't noticed any problems. Just me though! I understand why some people decide to cut it out

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MissSookyLaLa For This Useful Post:

upforroundtwo  (03-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissSookyLaLa View Post
    I keep having one cup of coffee a day through pregnancy, which I figure is pretty low, and not a lot more than some people who eat lots of chocolate, coca cola etc...

Plus I figure most european and south american cultures have been drinking coffee throughout pregnancies for eons, and they haven't noticed any problems. Just me though! I understand why some people decide to cut it out
    Exactly right. I wouldn't advocate Red Bull while pregnant, but caffeine within "normal" limits seems to have stood the test of time.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Joyous January 2013 Testing Thread

Was there nastiness in the test thread? I saw some posts that voiced different opinions and there was a discussion but I thought it was all civil and above board? I also thought it was closed because it was getting too long and it had been requested... I didnt read the whole thread though. I cant stand nastiness online though - so sorry you have experienced that princess