+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey Mumsical, we've been trying for 12 months now but in that time I've had a partial molar pregnancy (second month of trying) which meant we had to stop trying for a while and then on our first month trying after that I got to 4.5 weeks back in early August. I assumed I'd get UTD again quick but since then (now onto 5th cycle) nothing. I know I'm ovulating as I get positive OPKs and my temp goes up so I want to get DHs swimmers tested and I'm also not sure about getting my progesterone levels checked (it could possibly be worth me using progesterone suppositories??) I do worry a small amount that somehow following the D&C I had to have due to the molar pregnancy that there's been some damage to my uterus which won't allow implantation anymore. Very unlikely and I think my GP will suggest ruling everything else out first. I do have a gorgeous 23month old who would love a sibling to play with and we aren't getting any younger so hopefully we can get some answers.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Joyous January 2013 Testing Thread

Ok so frer could b so unreliable right now huh. Thanks ladies!! This is the second faint line on one now. I'm having some cramps now. Hoping af doesn't show!!! Please fx fx

I have my fx for everyone!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    AF (due today) had not arrived so I drove to the chemist to pick up some tests, I just couldnt wait until morning. I got a 2 pack of clear blue digitals and the one I did tonight is a bfn I have drank a fair bit of liquid throughout the day/evening, but I'm thinking that shouldn't matter on the day AF is due?

I will test again with first morning urine tomorrow, but fairly sure its another dud month for me. And to make it worse, AF is late so I will only be delaying next month even more

Good luck for everyone else this month

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Joyous January 2013 Testing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by schmetterling18 View Post
    AF (due today) had not arrived so I drove to the chemist to pick up some tests, I just couldnt wait until morning. I got a 2 pack of clear blue digitals and the one I did tonight is a bfn I have drank a fair bit of liquid throughout the day/evening, but I'm thinking that shouldn't matter on the day AF is due?

I will test again with first morning urine tomorrow, but fairly sure its another dud month for me. And to make it worse, AF is late so I will only be delaying next month even more

Good luck for everyone else this month
    Some people don't get a bfp until several days after she's late - it's not over until she shows. I guess it depends on how much of a poas addict you are. After a bfn @ 11dpo (usually have a 12 day LP so assumed it would show) I decided not to test again and just let her arrive when she would - which was today.

Technically 1 day "late", but I know from past experience how powerful our minds can be over our bodies. I was over a week late several months ago, convinced I was UTD (not actively ttc). I'm actually a bit of a nervous nelly when it comes to poas, so when it got to being 10 days late I finally went and bought a test. Within an hour of getting a bfn, AF arrived!

Test as much as you like, but breathe, sleep and tell yourself that it's ok that this month isn't it, because next month could be. Believe me, I symptom spot like crazy, have been ttc for 6 months, wonder why it hasn't happened yet and desperately want a baby. I also value my sanity, want to lead a full life and not become obsessed over those 2 lines. Remember that each day you're waiting to O, waiting to be enough dpo to start testing; is also time to be living. I have to keep reminding myself of this too.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (03-01-2013),Barnaby  (03-01-2013),MissSookyLaLa  (03-01-2013),MrsLA  (03-01-2013),nicB2  (03-01-2013),shelby27  (03-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    schmetterling I agree with Arlais, there are some people who don't get a bfp until well after af is late. hang in there!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to upforroundtwo For This Useful Post:

Barnaby  (03-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

That's good advice Arlais - very easier said than done here tho lol. I wish I wasn't addicted to POAS.

I woke up so early today 9dpo and another faint line
    So 3 faint lines over 3 days on a frer. Would you trust the frer now ladies??
    This is after 14 months and I feel like on the months I do ovulate I've been getting faint positives and then AF. I don't know if I should go in for a BT today to check if there actually is HCG there and then if I do get AF tomorrow I could actually prove to my doc that I have been having chems and it's not all in my head!! WDYT?

Thanks
    Reviews
    is there another brand of test you can use?
    if you can go out and buy more I would try to limit fluid intake and then go get a diiferent brand

i am also a poas addict, i test even when I know I won't get a result (ie too early)

still don't trust frer

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by upforroundtwo View Post
    is there another brand of test you can use?
    if you can go out and buy more I would try to limit fluid intake and then go get a diiferent brand

i am also a poas addict, i test even when I know I won't get a result (ie too early)

still don't trust frer
    Yeah I might pop to chemist when it opens. What would you suggest next? I used pregnosis a couple of times which have been good. Or do I get a digi? omg it was like $22 for one last time!! I'd b better off using a digi tomorrow though when af is actually due

This is my test this morning
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Very wise words Arlais!

Surprised mum, I have my fingers crossed for you. Maybe buy a different brand and then wait until tomorrow morning to test? Good luck!

schmetterling, fingers crossed for you too xx

As for me, I had a very definite, albeit faint BFP this morning. And am now in the 'holy crap what the hell have I done' stage LOL!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissSookyLaLa For This Useful Post:

Barnaby  (03-01-2013),larazie  (03-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by surprisedmum2be View Post
    Yeah I might pop to chemist when it opens. What would you suggest next? I used pregnosis a couple of times which have been good. Or do I get a digi? omg it was like $22 for one last time!! I'd b better off using a digi tomorrow though when af is actually due

This is my test this morning
    yeah use your digi tomorrow! pregnosis seem to be good, haven't had evaps from them. I also haven't had evaps from the fr dip tests. Just odd results from clear blue easy (mid******) and the frer
    Quote Originally Posted by MissSookyLaLa View Post
    Very wise words Arlais!

Surprised mum, I have my fingers crossed for you. Maybe buy a different brand and then wait until tomorrow morning to test? Good luck!

schmetterling, fingers crossed for you too xx

As for me, I had a very definite, albeit faint BFP this morning. And am now in the 'holy crap what the hell have I done' stage LOL!
    ooooh is it dark enough to photograph? what test did you use??? how exciting