+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Can't stop eating! Help!

I'm constantly hungry lately and I'm too scared I'm going to gain too much weight *freaks out*

I have oats, zymill & tea for breakfast usually a banana on my breakfast. Plus toast!

Lunch I have salad sandwich with tuna or curried egg or ham (personal choice on safety I know). Sometimes mc Donald's, a pasty depends how I am feeling.

Dinner is usually yiros, butter chicken, steak n salad, pasta BBQ I can't think of anything else :/

I used to snack more on fruit n veg muesli bar nuts but since my braces about 6 weeks ago I have stopped now I'm making my mains huge

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You don't get hungry for no reason Our metabolism works a lot harder when we are pregnant, that's why you get hungry more often. I've been starving all the time since I was 6 weeks pregnant. I've been eating so much food and so far at 15 weeks I've only put on 1kg. As long as you eat heaps of good food and don't fill up on junk you'll be fine.

BTW you don't have to stop eating fruit just because you have braces. Apples are hard to bite into but I never had a problem with anything else. I also ate nuts when I had braces even though they say not to. Nothing bad ever happened

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I might get some walnuts then! I am having trouble even chewing bread I have to suck it off haha! I feel like a toddler!

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    I have to suck it off haha!
    *Snigger*

Seriously though, I am 17 weeks and I cant stop eating. I NEED to eat something every two hours or my tummy growls and I feel queezy. Eat what you feel like when you feel like it. Enjoy your pregnancy

5. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

angelini  (05-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am the same! I'm starving all the time. I'm 21 weeks and have already put on 7kg! I'm eating healthily in that I have lots of fruit, vegies and protein. However, carbs (mainly bread) seem to be the only thing that fill me up, so that is definitely where the weight gain is coming from. I figure as long as I'm getting the correct nutrients then a little bit of extra fat won't kill me. I'm sure I'll hate it after the baby comes and I'm struggling to lose the extra kg, but it's better than being hungry I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am the same I have put 5.6 kgs on so far i'm 96.3kgs today on the scales I'm a fatty to begin with I've just lost 20 kilos so I guess i'm freaking out even more

I'll be doing lite n easy as soon as baby is out until I drop some weight and then kicking it back to my normal routine! My MIL drives me nuts with her cooking (I live with her and have no access to my own fridge except a bar fridge!) so this seems to be my only option.. when it comes to cooking etc. She adds salt to everything!!!! even when I say how bad it is I tell t hem its bad for the baby and they still don't care *FREAKING THE EFFFFFF OUT*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Can't stop eating! Help!

I'm really worried too, I was told to only gain a kilo a month for the rest of my pregnancy. I'm down 3 kilos since finding out I'm pregnant, haven't gained any back yet, but I'm still worried. I'm hungry all the time and eat almost constantly!!

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh my god yes.

I work 12 hour shifts and I'm actually embarrassed by the full shopping bag of food I eat.

I snack a lot! Low fat cheese, low fat no sugar yoghurts, fruit free muesli bars. I have put on 1.5 kg at 18 weeks so up to 51.5kg so I figure my body/baby needs it.

You sound like you are eating well and baby is going through a massive growth period. Enjoy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think that you should restrict your food intake during pregnancy if you are hungry. If you are hungry, eat. Just make sure that you are eating nutritious food (maybe not the McDonalds!)
    Snacking helps a lot - if the braces are a problem, could you have smaller, regular snacks and then brush your teeth afterwards?
    How about:
    • soft fruits cut into pieces, like peaches, bananas and pears
    • yoghurt
    • cucumber sticks with hommus or tzatziki
    • cheese and crackers
    • soft bread with peanut butter

Thanks
    Reviews

My doc said I was putting on too much weight! I'm 24wks and have already put on 9 kg!!! I'm 170cm and was 55kg before I was pregnant. I'm now 64kg!!! I try to stay healthy and don't eat much at all. My appetite hasn't increased a lot ever since I found out I was pregnant but I can't seem to lose my weight! Don't know what to do??!! I think I have edema tho...