+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: what do you do with your children's clothes?

I sold and donated all my son's clothes (he's 5). Kept one outfit he wore as a baby. I'm not sentimental when it comes to material items.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I keep my favourites, and favourites alone. DD is 7, if I kept everything she owned I'd have filled most of my shed. lol.

They may be used by future children, or just kept. It can be nice looking back on old stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS' clothes i give them to my sister who has 3 boys, DD's I give them to my cousin who has 2 girls. I also give some of them to charity especially winter clothes.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default what do you do with your children's clothes?

Quote Originally Posted by mum2mj View Post
    May I ask how your making a quilt out of the clothes I'm really interested.
    I have some templates that I got off eBay ($21.00 including postage) and then I cut a small patch out of DDs clothes, a small patch out of batting, and then a bigger patch out of quilting fabric that matches
    The patch with all the buttons are all the spare buttons off her clothes lol
    And I hand sewed them

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbabailey For This Useful Post:

squirrelex  (07-12-2012)

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    Unworn or excellent condition I give to friends. Everything else goes to a women's shelter.
    Do you have the name of a place I can donate clothes to directly? It annoys me that I drop clothes in a charity bin and the vultures sort through them, steal the clothes and sell them at the markets

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by bubbabailey View Post
    I have some templates that I got off eBay ($21.00 including postage) and then I cut a small patch out of DDs clothes, a small patch out of batting, and then a bigger patch out of quilting fabric that matches
    The patch with all the buttons are all the spare buttons off her clothes lol
    And I hand sewed them
    That's awesome I have always wanted to do something like that I got the idea once of 'rules of engagement'

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have kept 90% of DDs clothes they are in a giant bag filling up the bottom of our built in robe!

I gave a few to a friend and a few to charity and threw some out that were stained

We are going to start TTC next year so if we end up with another girl we will use them as she has some gorgeous stuff. I also have a few bags of boys stuff a friend gave to me when i was pregnant before we knew we were having a girl.

I really should go through it again and make sure we really need to keep it all, we dont have alot of space for storage here.

Thanks
    Reviews

Lost some in a flood,
    Sold some
    Given away most to people who need them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I recently went through all of DSs clothes and separated all the good things to give to my friend who has a little boy a year younger. The rest went to the salvos. I haven't stored anything even though I know we'll be having at least one more baby because I hate having things stored away. I don't get sentimental over clothes either.