+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default what do you do with your children's clothes?

Quote Originally Posted by bunkx View Post
    This is what I use to store the clothes
    I use these... Freaking awesome! 3 huggies boxes full of cloths into 1 med bag!!!!!amazing lol

I have kept all my lo clothes so far (besides the stuff that was "yucky" like some super wine onsies and singlets)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I keep a couple if extra special pieces (birthday / xmas outfits) sell the good designer stuff and buy new clothes with the proceeds, donate the cheap stuff in good condition and stained / ruined stuff goes into rag bag or bin.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to baby4us For This Useful Post:

squirrelex  (05-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm a single parent of 1 and not looking like haven't another any time soon so to keep them for another child would be ludicrus. I have kept my sentimentals, eg coming home from hospi outfit etc but the rest I pass them down to my nephew who is 16months younger.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: what do you do with your children's clothes?

Quote Originally Posted by baby4us View Post
    I keep a couple if extra special pieces (birthday / xmas outfits) sell the good designer stuff and buy new clothes with the proceeds, donate the cheap stuff in good condition and stained / ruined stuff goes into rag bag or bin.
    I do this ^ ^

Sent from my LG-P920 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am amazed that clothes can last as long as a third child or more ! Yes I know it can be done as my mother has given me clothes from when she was a teenager but oh man I can barely keep abyhing of my sons, maybe it's just because he is a boy ... But ALL shoes are worn out within a few months and need chucking (I do chxk them to salvos but I doubt anyone would want them lol), singlets unless they are colored do not last by the time I have stain treated and bleached whites back to their original colour they are stiff and uncomfortable, most of his colored clothes are alright If they are dark though.

Although I must admit I did a huge shop for clothes as he grew out of his baby clothes so some of his pajamas and denim shorts he is still wearing, of course they are extremely faded from washing and drying.

Not many of his clothes are in great condition after he's done with them, haha, I'm shocked! I don't keep much of what he grows out of these days
    An he is shocking with shoes. My little munchkin,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I keep all clothes in their sizes. Most of the clothes in 0000, 000, 00 and 0 are in neutrals. Then I have lots of pink with 2 girls.

We also use vac seal bags.

When I'm done with children I will pack a few of each Childs fab clothes in a box for them to remember and donate the rest.

When we were pregnant with dd1 - MIL gave us a huge bag of woollen clothes that her mother knItted for DH. We kept that for sentimental reasons. And will use those clothes for any boys we may have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I have DS 1 & 2's clothes all in storage tubs and DD1 is certainly filling her tub quickly, already in size 1. I have felt to sentimental to get rid of any so far but we are running out of space. I have 4 huge tubs at least.

Thanks
    Reviews

I gave away a lot of DS' clothes, some to a friend who will give them back if I get pregnant with another boy. I sorted out a lot of not very nice stuff and have given them to another friend for her to use or pass onto someone else.

I plan on keeping all nice stuff, donating not so nice stuff until I'm done with kids.

This time round I'm preg with a girl and a family friend has given us lots of clothes she bought for her granddaughter. They are all brand names and most are brand new, so I said I'll use them, then sell them for her and give her the $$ - she wouldn't know how to sell online.

Thanks
    Reviews
    our kid's clothes circulate around the family (the ratty looking ones get thrown out of course). Most of DD's clothes come from SIL#1 who has 2 girls. Once DD grows out of a size i box the clothes up and send off to SIL#2 who has twin baby girls.
    I do keep sentimental outfits and blankets stored in a tub labled "DD's CLOTHES TO KEEP!". As we are expecting our 2nd bub, i have put aside all unisex stuff and kept it stored in a tub labled "UNISEX".
    I just recieved a box of unisex newborn and premmie clothes from SIL#2. I havent had to buy clothes in ages!
    If we have a boy we will get SIL#2's baby stuff as her last was a boy

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: what do you do with your children's clothes?

Ivr generally kept all mine or given them to friends for free. I'm not having anymore now though so I'll be either giving them away to friends or selling them super cheap by the garbage bag full! (I think life is expensive enough for parents )

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub