+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default what do you do with your children's clothes?

I've got 2 boys and then 2 girls so clothing has worked out perfectly for me!
    Hand me downs all round. DD1 still wears things (shoes, jeans, coat,) from DS1 then DS2!
    I've just cleaned out all my boys clothes and will be donating it to a wonderful organisation in my area that give clothes to women and babies in need (leaving domestic abuse situations, teenager mothers etc).
    Could have sold them but this feel so
    much better!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I give everything I don't sob over (hahaha, that's about half of it maybe?) to the local refuge.

The rest I plan to store in a giant wooden chest so I can get it out and sob over it when she won't let me dress her any more.

I also plan on having more, so I'd like to reuse the pieces I love.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I have friends/relatives with sons a year younger than DS so they get the lot! I've kept a pair of baby shoes and maybe 2 or 3 little things

Thanks
    Reviews
    I kept all DD's clothes when I found out I was prednsnt with a son 6 years later I got them out to sell, they had mould on them

this time I gave all my sons clothes away as he out grew them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

DDs I have kept most of my favourites and centimental ones and am making a quilt out of them :-) have started doing the same with DSs too lol

Thanks
    Reviews

I pass on some, eBay some and donate some too

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bubbabailey View Post
    DDs I have kept most of my favourites and centimental ones and am making a quilt out of them :-) have started doing the same with DSs too lol
    May I ask how your making a quilt out of the clothes I'm really interested.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I had just packed away DS clothes in vaccume space bags - then found out bub2 is another boy, so they are about to come back out already!

But once finished with, I'll give to my sister/s if they have boys, or sell the really nice items and donate the rest.

How do I find out about these shelters? I'm in Melb. I'd love to do this rather than putting in a random charity bin.

Thanks
    Reviews

I kept far too much of DD's she was first, went through and halved it when DS came along. Mostly keep the 'special' things.

The rest I give to friends, shelters, comfy tops and pants to a special school, (if they have kids who are toilet training at school they often need spares) DD's child care, and I offered a heap to some ppl down the road who have 4kids, I felt awkward asking but she was grateful, I was relieved she wasn't offended!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I still have almost every item of clothing DS1 has owned (except size 0,1 and 2 which were in our house fire). I kept them for the second baby.

DS2 has worn all of DS1s old clothes, plus the new clothes that we bought him. I still have every single item of clothing he ever wore (except a few that were too stained that went to the rag bin).

I will keep them fr a third child. If we have another boy im set, if we have a girl ill have to buy a whole new wardrobe, so would need to sell the boys clothes to fund that. I would sell the best ones in bulk then donate the rest.