+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default what do you do with your children's clothes?

my first born was a boy (4.5years ago) and I kept all my favourite/expensive/sentimental clothes from size 0000-4 which has filled 3 full bags. my second was a girl and if we do have a 3rd, it won't be for another 4-5years. so I'm feeling over storing all of his clothes and now girls clothes too! do you sell, keep or donate your children's clothes?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: what do you do with your children's clothes?

I hang on to DS1's stuff for DS2 to use. Once DS2 has outgrown everything i pass it on to a friend or donate it to charity.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I sorted DSs clothes as he grew. I had nowhere to store all his clothes to possibly use again whenever I ha a next bub so kept nice/fave ones, gave away some, donated some then threw out stained ones

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I kept them all and will be keeping them still, even though we're not sure we'll go for a third. I found clothes by far the most expensive part of having a baby and I can't imagine having to start the collection again. Will pass on to friends/charity when we decide we're done.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Dd1 clothes went to dd2 then the nice ones went into storage, less favourites got donated and old ones went into the bin. I did send a few outfits up to my mums for when they stay over.

And if this bub is a girl I will use the ones in storage otherwise I will keep a few sentimental items and the rest will go to the women's shelter

Thanks
    Reviews

If storage is the main concern have you thought about those vacuum storage bags? They're great.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Piffle For This Useful Post:

squirrelex  (04-12-2012)

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by EmyB View Post
    If storage is the main concern have you thought about those vacuum storage bags? They're great.
    This is what I use to store the clothes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

I gave them away to friends mostly. The nice thing is, out of my mothers group friends, I'm the only one going for a third and it's s girl. I just got given 5 bags of clothes from one of the girls and found some of my daughter's old size 1 clothes in there that I had given to her. Such a sweet surprise. My daughter was so excited when I told her that they used to be hers. She's 4.5 now.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

LoveHeart  (05-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Unworn or excellent condition I give to friends. Everything else goes to a women's shelter.

Thanks
    Reviews

I've kept DS's unisex clothes and PJs for DD. the rest of it I've done a bit of everything! Sold some, given some to family/friends and the rest to charity.

What i do sell (including toys) I use a Facebook buy/sell page and put the money into the kids piggybanks.

I love love love second hand! Love buying it, receiving it or giving it away. So much is thrown out these days without thought. Gee I sound old now lol