+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How many day sleeps for 13 month olds?

My two have always let me know when they have had enough and need to sleep. I usually follow their lead.

My question is - how many sleeps are everyone else's 13 month olds having during the day?

Both DD and DS are having atleast 2 and sometimes will have a cat nap in the afternoon and be up by 5pm...

Everytime I explain what we do to either the kindy teachers or other mums that don't know me that well - they constantly look at me like "REALLY?!?"

I don't want to keep the twins awake if they are screaming and tired and carrying on just because other people are suggesting "drop a day sleep" etc...

Anyone else have a 1 yr old that still has 3 sleeps during the day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My DS will be 1 in january and people are always surprised that he usually has 2 good sleeps and a nap late arvo around 4pm. I'm like you, if he's tired, grumpy and rubbing his eyes I don't want to try and keep him up. If it works go with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

No, my DD is 13 months (nearly 14) and unless she's sick she just has one nap. I would be trapped at home if she slept that much, plus DS has kinder so it just wouldn't be possible to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    We're in the middle at the moment - DS is 12.5 months and some days he will have two good day sleeps, and other days one long sleep in the middle of the day. I'm following his lead, like you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    No, my DD is 13 months (nearly 14) and unless she's sick she just has one nap. I would be trapped at home if she slept that much, plus DS has kinder so it just wouldn't be possible to do.
    I don't feel "trapped" at home and if DD and DS are obviously tired and cranky i'd prefer they get the sleep they want rather than drag them out and about to entertain myself. Plenty to get done around the house whilst they do their thing anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

At that age dd1 was doing a 45min in the morning and a 2-3hr in the afternoon.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: How many day sleeps for 13 month olds?

my DS when he was 13 months had 3 naps and could have more if I would let him. I got the whole shocked faces and everything but if my son is tired I put him to sleep. he is almost 2 and I have only just got him down to 1 sleep now.
    If there tired just let them sleep and rub it in their faces on how good it is that you get alot more quiet time than they did lol

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

An hour and a half in the morning and two to three hours in the afternoon. I will be mighty sad when she drops that morning sleep. I mentally call it 'mummy's wake up time'.

Thanks
    Reviews

Dd is transitioning. Sometimes 2- 1 to 1.5 hours or 1 big one 2 hours. Don't worry about people looking at you funny.... They're just jealous! Enjoy your sleepy Lo's while you can

Thanks
    Reviews

14month DD has just changed her patterns, she now has 1 sleep around 11.30 ish for and hour or so and that's it. She is happy and not tired so seems to work. She sleeps 7pm-6am overnight.