+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Tasmania! What to see and do?

This all sounds fantastic! I better go to bed but will read these replies in the morning and reply. Thanks so much everyone for taking the time to recommend places for us.

I can't wait to look everything up I already printed info from some suggestions off. Boags tour with cheese sounds great just unsure on price as their website wasn't working.

And I'm not sure if I was looking at the right one but apparently the museum in Hobart is closed til 2013

Thanks
    Reviews

It's the boring museum in the city that is closed MONA is open everyday bar Tuesdays and is about 20 mins from Hobart city. There is a bus or ferry. Ferry ride is fun. Though if you arrive by ferry there is a lot of steps to the entrance. I've taken my pram to MONA 3 times now. Very pram friendly they warn you which areas are unsuitable for children as you go through.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Louy For This Useful Post:

LifeInShadesOfGrey  (05-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh there is also a tiny town in northern Tasmania called Chudleigh, they have a shop called "the honey farm", it was amazing, not only selling every honey/bee item you could possibly imagine, but they also had things to view, read, nougat shop, ice creamery, interactive things for children to watch how the bees work etc too...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to fullofhope For This Useful Post:

LifeInShadesOfGrey  (05-12-2012)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by fullofhope View Post
    Oh there is also a tiny town in northern Tasmania called Chudleigh, they have a shop called "the honey farm", it was amazing, not only selling every honey/bee item you could possibly imagine, but they also had things to view, read, nougat shop, ice creamery, interactive things for children to watch how the bees work etc too...
    I love the honey shop at Chudleigh the honey shop is one of the few places I have been and DP is busting to go as he loves honey. I showed him this thread and he saw beer, cheese and honey. He is set lol.

We have decided boag's is probably the way to go as its only in Launceston. But they have no pricing on their website. We are thinking that beer and cheese tour. DD will stay with her nan and DP and I will go to that one.

Is there a website for MONA? I wasn't sure if I was looking at the right one.

We sat down last night for two hours going through the the suggestions and barely scratched the surface. DP said ill have to pick what I would like to see and not see it all as he is worried we won't have time. But I said 10 days is lots however DD is 15 months and we don't want to put to much on her.

We also decided not to visit Cadbury. But will visit Anvers and Ashgrove Cheese.

And now I forgot the rest on the list Lol.

Would like to visit wine glass bay as well. It looks amazing on the photos.

Ill have my camera with me so hoping to add to my present collections with some great photos.

We will be googling the rest of the suggestions tonight

I'm so excited now but it stinks because its 13 days away and that's too long lol.

Any suggestions to keep busy in the two weeks? we are having a longer holiday then just to two weeks. We are driving interstate first to visit fam and then flying out. So I know I have a lot to organise but the times still dragging.