+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    never had teenage sex.. I got married at 20 and slept only with that man. I hope to enstill the same values in my children. I don't understand why young teenagers feel the need to have sex.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default When you had teenage sex did you use protection?

Got myself on the pill at 16 when I knew then BF and I would be going down that road. Stayed on it for 2 following BFs. Used condoms as well sometimes. Was still on pill when I met DH.

My sister had a baby at 16 (I was 9) so I was pretty full on about contraception after witnessing the fallout of all that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Wow it scares me how relaxed people were in their teens about protection. My now husband and I used condoms every single time for about the first year then I went on the pill. We followed all the pill instructions, I.e. use other contraception for the first month on the pill, take it at the same time every day, and if I ever forgot to take it for a day we'd use condoms until I got my next period - we were both super scared of having a baby too young so were incredibly careful. But we'd often end up using a condom as well because I didn't like feeling "messy" afterwards.
    We didn't worry about STI checks as we were each others firsts, but if he'd had sex with anyone else than I would have demanded he get tested, and wouldn't have been offended if he wanted me to get tested either.
    I seriously hope that each generation gets more educated as we never had any major scares or mistakes so I can only hope our kids are even more careful than we were.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (04-12-2012),Pawzette  (04-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would love to see some type of statistics on teenagers using protection now. So many seem to think they are invisible and nothing bad will happen.

The teenager i know thinks she is in love with her boyfriend but doesnt feel comfortable asking her mum to take her to get the pill.

Thanks
    Reviews

I went on the pill and used condoms when I was a teen. I was with my first partner for 2 years. I then went off the pill and used condoms until I met my now husband and for some reason my judgement went out the window. I fell pregnan first time with him at 20, we lost the baby at 16 weeks then went on to get married and have 3 boys and have been together 9 years married 8.
    Luckily I chose the right man to be careless with but it was a very very stupid choice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Yes but only one type at a time - either pill, implanon or condoms.

I only had s3x with boyfriends, who all ended up being long term so I wasn't worried about stds - this was false logic of course, but I was most scared of getting pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews

I never had sex as a teenager EEK!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: When you had teenage sex did you use protection?

Always pill and condom. From as long as I can remember it was drummed into my head "if it's not on. Its not on."

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

As a teen yes I used protection pill & condoms however had a stupid one night stand in my early 20 & I didn't use a condom (I knew the guy but not in a relationship iykwim) stupidest thing ever I got tested after as I freaked out about getting an STD.
    I will push condoms on my kids (I even gave my bro his first pack when he got a GF lol) as I have seen a few teen pregnancies, a few friends ended up catching std's & my uncle has just been diagnosed with HIV so that has totally freaked me out.
    It scares me that even in this day & age with testing, condoms ect ppl are still catching HIV and other std's. One night of pleasure is not worth a life sentence.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I did, I wouldn't have my sons...