My husband and I have been trying to have children for over four years with no success. Around eighteen months ago we commenced IVF and have had five unsuccessful attempts. We have had all the tests and nothing is wrong, except for our age (I am 43 and my husband is 44). In fact, we keep getting told that everything looks great ‘for our age’, but that is no consolation.

We have done a lot of research and have tried everything we can like acupuncture, as well as seeing a naturopath who has had us on a gluten-free, sugar-free diet for the past eight months, not to mention a whole host of vitamins and supplements. Unfortunately it has gotten us no closer.

Heartbreakingly, on our last visit to our IVF doctor, she told us that our best chance would be to find an egg donor as we are not getting good quality embryos. The reason she recommends an egg donor is because a girl’s eggs are basically as old as she is – so in my case 43+ years. It is much easier for a younger girl’s eggs to overcome deficiencies in an older guy’s sperm than vice-versa. We know we have done as much as possible with regard to our diet and lifestyle to maximise our egg quality, so realise that this truly is our only chance of becoming parents.

We are a fairly quiet couple who enjoy sports and outdoor pursuits. We have always lived a healthy lifestyle, are non-smokers and currently alcohol and caffeine-free! We both have good jobs that we enjoy and we own our home. Aside from the love we would give a baby, we also have the financial backing to provide well. Our baby would grow up surrounded by love and strong family values from an extended family of grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and friends.

We are hoping to find a woman under the age of 35 who has children of her own and would consider giving her eggs to create a new life. If you are considering being an egg donor, you obviously have a generous heart and kind nature which are traits we would want our child to inherit.

We would pay all medical costs and reimburse out-of-pocket expenses. Whilst the Canberra region is obviously easiest for us, we would also be willing to travel.

We know that we don’t have much time. If you think that you could help us or wish to know more about us, please contact us on tinyfeet2013@yahoo.com.au.

Thanks.