+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Does your partner kind of enjoy working away?

I'm asking this because I feel as though my partner enjoys his time working away and when he sees his family it's all too noisy, too messy. Too hard basically. He is fine when he's back for a week or so but a couple of days and he's just an inpatient ****. Not being horrible but he drives me crazy!!! he can keep a clean little unit but its not that easy when you have a biggish house on a big block that I am supposed to have completely tidy and mowed and half renovated when he returns. Sorry I just wanted to know if this was normal almost a getting used to being home again situation....thanks x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

YEAH I think he does. He is away now and before he left a month ago he was excited to get a break from the kids. It made me feel like **** like he needs a holiday from us but I am surprised at how ok I am with him gone. But when he leaves we always seem to argue b4 he goes and when he returns the exact same thing happens

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks so much cherry18bloss I feel like we are normal now...get sick of fighting with someone I rarely see ha! It's hard not to feel ripped off when they want this...I mean where's our break???? Anyway thanks for your reply. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week

I think he enjoys the not having to do anything for himself. His room is cleaned, washing done and meals cooked for him. When he comes home he has to help out with all these everyday chores and I think that annoys him a little bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week

Oh and we always seem to have a massive fight the day he comes home and the night before he leaves...like clockwork!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    He does but not because he enjoys being away from us, he enjoys travelling and getting to experience all different parts of the world.
    If a trip is months long it can take a couple days for him to adjust back to family life but thankfully he is extremely involved and helpful when home and always gives me a break.
    We often fight right before a big trip, this is a normal/common human response - it is easier to say goodbye to someone you are mad at

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    He does, he really hates working in the city says he prefers to get work out of the way so when he is home he is home which I understand I hate the coming and going city working provides. Much like waterlily we have an argument the night before he leaves every single time (never part angry though).

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Does your partner kind of enjoy working away?

My DH hates being away, but tbh I really enjoy the routine I get into while he's away, which always gets messed up when he comes home.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I would probably say half and half. He likes going away but there's so much crap going on where he is at the moment that he really doesn't want to be there.

Thanks
    Reviews

I know my DP loves being on the road (truck driver) but hates being away. But I do love my independence that not having him home gives me. Our home has 2 routines. One for when he is on the road and one when he is home. Don't get me wrong I do miss him.