+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Re: We need your vote!

Hudson or Luke

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I like Cohen but think its a very 'American' name....dunno why, I just do.
    DP and I both love Ryker for something a bit different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Cohen, Luke.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default We need your vote!

Quote Originally Posted by Posey43 View Post
    Okay so this is our list of names for our son please tell us what you like best (: Cannon, Cohen, Luke, Aiden, Brody, Booker, Hudson, Cache, Greyson, Waylon, Ryker, Kyler, Easton, Seven & Camden

Sent from my LG-VM696 using BubHub
    Cohen, Hudson, Aiden (Aidan another way to spell), Luke.

I am not a fan of the rest. Especially Cache. I see Cache opening a world of jokes.

Edited: I sounded mean and didn't mean to sound that way.
    Last edited by LifeInShadesOfGrey; 04-12-2012 at 14:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i really like Ryker ..... that could be due to the fact that im a star trek next gen fan lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Plexus Solaire View Post
    Cohen is a name I love.

Just wondering- I noticed the name Seven! Are you are Seinfeld fan? I am, teehee But i wouldn't use it...
    Haha! no daddy surf's! That's where brody came from too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I like Luke or Greyson.

Just a word of warning - some people (not all!) in the Jewish community find it insulting/disrespectful when non-Jewish people use Cohen as a first name. Cohen is a very meaningful and important name in their religion/culture. I would struggle to name my child anything that had the potential to cause hurt feelings to a part of society. Of course, if this is not an issue for you then it doesn't matter, just wanted to give you a heads up.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by schmetterling18 View Post
    I like Luke or Greyson.

Just a word of warning - some people (not all!) in the Jewish community find it insulting/disrespectful when non-Jewish people use Cohen as a first name. Cohen is a very meaningful and important name in their religion/culture. I would struggle to name my child anything that had the potential to cause hurt feelings to a part of society. Of course, if this is not an issue for you then it doesn't matter, just wanted to give you a heads up.
    Maybe you could spell it Coen then? From wiki:
    "Coen" (bold)- is a Germanic variant of the name "Conrad", most popular in the Dutch language. It is originally spelled as "Coenraad" or "Koenraad", with just the "raad" deleted off. Both variations are made up from two words: "koen" (meaning "brave") and "raad" (meaning "advice"). The name translates to "brave advisor".
    If someone's official name is "Coenraad", they often use the more casual shorter version in everyday life: thus "Coen" (same for the Koenraad variety).
    This is a first name, given to boys, never to girls. Though this is a first (or personal) name, there are people who have it as a surname.
    Due to the nature of the Dutch language it is pronounced differently from, for example, English. In Dutch it will sound as one syllable: Koen (like "coon" in "raccoon"), instead of 2 syllables (KOE-en), like "Cohen".
    "Cohen" on the other hand, is completely different name with a Hebrew origin meaning "priest". In fact, a "Kohen" is someone who is a direct descendant of Aaron. "Cohen" should not be confused with "Coen".

Thanks
    Reviews

I am Jewish actually ha its my grandmothers maiden name that's where I got the idea

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Posey43 For This Useful Post:

onionskin  (05-12-2012)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews

If you like Cohen then use it as you wish.