+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default sharp pains

im 36 weeks and want to know what the sharp stabbing pains are that shoot thru my vagina? It happens when bubs is moving so im guessing it's stretching therefore headbutting my cervix?
    Is it worth giving midwife a call? pretty sure my body is just getting ready!

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default sharp pains

Awesome isn't it? Lol pretty normal but call the midwife if you'd like reassurance :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ughh maks me cringe and hold my breath but well worth it if its a sign my body is in prep mode

Thanks
    Reviews

Default sharp pains

Its just your cervix starting to thin out I think to get ready for birth..it can happen weeks before labour..its not nice is it

Thanks
    Reviews

Default sharp pains

Quote Originally Posted by Tappyboo View Post
    Its just your cervix starting to thin out I think to get ready for birth..it can happen weeks before labour..its not nice is it
    Really? I'm 30 weeks and get sharp pain in my vag usually if I am walking and get a braxton hicks at the same time... If its the cervix I'm worried as I have PP (with no bleeding so far) and am worried that may start off an episode!?! 😳 are there any other possible reasons that anyone knows of?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought it was either bubs pressing on a nerve or the pubic bone separating for lightening. I'm only 33 weeks, it's too early!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default sharp pains

It cud be the pubic bone pain aswell..to be honest I had a lot of different pain down there before I had dd..it was mostly the pubic bone pain & then other times id be sitting on the couch & would get a stabbing pain in my vagina/cervix area..

i rang my midwife & she said it was my cervix preparing for birth,to take a Panadol,have a bath & go to bed & if I started getting contractions to give her a call..it went away within the hour but I still got it on & off in the weeks before I was induced.

I still went 11 days over my due date..so don't worry..ring your midwife if ur really worried as all pregnancies are different..

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Tappyboo;6941594] id be sitting on the couch & would get a stabbing pain in my vagina/cervix area..QUOTE]

^^ im getting this. owchie! Along with this a feeling as tho ive pulled a musle in my groin area - getting out of the car, up off the couch and spreading my legs, squatting really hurts! So awkward to clean up dd's toys now! I think it's all preparation, however i never felt these pains with my DD (she was in breech position) so makes me think it's headbutts to the cervix!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default sharp pains

I'm 38 weeks with second bub and Ob has always told it was pelvic girdle/joint pain. I've had it with both and it still takes my breath away