+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default If you didn't get your fist choice.

If you didn't get to use the name that you absolutely LOVED with your bub, how do you feel now? Ripped off, ok with it, or stoked because you've since realised your taste was sh!t?

I'm not getting my first or second choices to name next baby if it's a girl, and I'm really worried it will always bug me. I like the name we've now kinda agreed on, but I don't absolutely love it more than the sun and moon and stars like the other two.

Please tell me your experiences . . .

TIA Mary.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: If you didn't get your fist choice.

Sad, I know my current dp will never allow it,

My favourite name since I was a little girl is Sean, but fil is shaun,

My other favourite is hunter, dp wanted to use Archer, in the end we used neither

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510b using BubHub
    Last edited by intruderalert1234; 03-12-2012 at 19:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm in a bit of a different boat but thought I would tell you how I felt.

First bub DH and I agreed on 2 names, one his choice, one my choice. We were going to decide when bub was born. While in labour, I threw up a totally different name that hadnt been discussed before. Fast forward 18 hours and we had a brand new baby girl with the newly chosen name. I love it. It suits our DD perfectly, however every time I heard my other "first choice" name I felt a pang of regret because I really loved that name.

Luckily we had a second DD and without much discussion hubby agreed with my name choice. So in the end I did get to use the name I loved. I think if second baby had been a boy and I never got to use the "first choice" name I would probably feel a little pang of regret every time I heard it. Which I know is silly because I adore DD1's name and wouldnt change it for the world.
    Last edited by GirlsRock; 03-12-2012 at 19:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always knew I wouldn't get my first choice names, from very early on.......I'm going to use them as my dogs name

Totally not the same, but I still get to use them!

mummabec is offline I could hold you for a million years, to make you feel my love
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default If you didn't get your fist choice.

I didn't get to use my first choice with DD1 and her name is very similar in sound to the name I wanted and so felt I couldn't use it on DD2 (or any future baby).

I still look at DD1 and think my choice suits her better, I still hate calling out her name in public.
    But I can live it.
    I just secretly hope at 18 she'll change her name to my choice LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wanted to call DS J.udah or R.euben.

DH didn't like either and wanted to call him T.hor.

We settled on something I really love and I've never really thought about my first and second choice we didn't use, until I was at the supermarket and a lady with a son about the same size as DS was calling out to him 'Juuuudah, Judah!', it suited this boy so much and he looked so much like DS, I had a pang of sadness, but I really do love his name.

I wanted C.harlotte or A.delaide for a girl, but prefer DD's name to both of those now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wanted to call dd Ashleigh-Maree
    she is Tiale-Maree (pronounced See-ah-leh) i love it, it means fragipani totally suits her too.
    love my sons names too
    Tama-Jay = ds1
    Rawiri-Jeremiah = ds2
    i have always been the "middle name" picker
    not next time lol