+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    Babyla you're a foodie you'd know. What cream do you use? What is heavy cream?
    Haha that's what my a$$ says too! Heavy cream I think it double cream usually used for whipping. I think there's a brand in coles that says 'double cream'. I usually use any full fat cream.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (04-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Do you have an ice cream machine?

Thanks all!! I just purchased a RED cuisinart and the freezer bowl is already in the freezer mmmmm looking forward to tomorrow's first creation.

The girl in the shop said skim milk and low fat cream is fine as heavy cream can be way to rich!

I'm hoping to try a few coconut cream creations. Thanks again girls x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all!! I just purchased a RED cuisinart and the freezer bowl is already in the freezer mmmmm looking forward to tomorrow's first creation.

The girl in the shop said skim milk and low fat cream is fine as heavy cream can be way to rich!

I'm hoping to try a few coconut cream creations. Thanks again girls x
    Red! Lovely!

I made a coconut sorbet last year when I was about to burst with DS with just coconut cream and lime juice I think. It was super yummy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    These sound so yum. Sorry if this sounds rude, but is ice cream such a common thing that everybody needs a machine? Just wondering. I only ever have it occasionally as a treat. We rarely buy a tub. Id be worried ill eat it all the time and pack on the weight, i have no self control when it comes to sweets.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to IndigoJ For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (04-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    These sound so yum. Sorry if this sounds rude, but is ice cream such a common thing that everybody needs a machine? Just wondering. I only ever have it occasionally as a treat. We rarely buy a tub. Id be worried ill eat it all the time and pack on the weight, i have no self control when it comes to sweets.
    It's not something we use all the time but it's handy when we want to use it. It makes lots of things like yoghurt, sorbets (non fattening, no sugar), my DH used it to make a slurpee the other day and then he had a brilliant idea of making icy margaritas with it for party we're having soon

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (04-12-2012),LoCo  (04-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We've grown up with an old school Swiss one from the 70's that still works a treat. Mandarin sorbet is a favourite -just a teaspoon in the bottom of a glass of sparkling mmmmmm summer!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hulahoop For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (04-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Red! Lovely!

I made a coconut sorbet last year when I was about to burst with DS with just coconut cream and lime juice I think. It was super yummy!
    Oh what a great idea. Thank you x

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    Yea I see what your saying for sure but I guess it's more for DD when I do give her an ice cream treat on a hot day I'd rather it be homemade with real fruit rather than flavours and colours. Plus I'd like to try and do some dairy free sugar free options if I can but we will see how that goes not holding my breath I'm crap at sweets and deserts.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Hulahoop View Post
    We've grown up with an old school Swiss one from the 70's that still works a treat. Mandarin sorbet is a favourite -just a teaspoon in the bottom of a glass of sparkling mmmmmm summer!
    Oh gawd all these ideas. That sounds so nice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Do you have an ice cream machine?

Oh dear now I might get confused. I've seen the sunbeam one on cooking shows but I think they are double the price aren't they?
    Yeah I think it was on masterchef. It was exxy but my DH's family all put in to buy it for my birthday last year. I'd actually asked for the cusinart one I knew bil was happy with it. I'm very lucky.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluest Blue Box For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (04-12-2012)