+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Do you have an ice cream machine?

I also have the kitchen aid one - it's brilliant, as pp have said I leave the bowl in the freezer, it makes 2 litres in 20 mins! Cookies and cream is yum but my fav is fresh strawberry ice cream, I use A2 milk in mine as well

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (03-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Sorry to crash the thread but I recently got a cusinart ice cream maker and have made ice cream in it twice now, once using a custard base and once with just the milk and cream recipe and both times after a few spoonfuls it leaves a coating on the back of the spoon and then eventually on the roof of your mouth.

It is so gross!! It's like a film of fat!
    Does anyone know why this happens. I use the recipes that came in the book with the machine and follow them to the T but each time this has happened

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rhoda For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (03-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

What is heavy cream? Is this the same as thickened cream? Can the ice cream be made without it so just full cream milk for example?

Thanks for the manual Biscotti

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by rhoda View Post
    Sorry to crash the thread but I recently got a cusinart ice cream maker and have made ice cream in it twice now, once using a custard base and once with just the milk and cream recipe and both times after a few spoonfuls it leaves a coating on the back of the spoon and then eventually on the roof of your mouth.

Does anyone know why this happens. I use the recipes that came in the book with the machine and follow them to the T but each time this has happened
    Wow yuk no crash away hope someone can answer I'd like to know to. Faulty machine maybe?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by rhoda View Post

I think it's just because it's real ice cream. It's the cream that does it, I like it, stops you eating too much because it's so rich too. I think processed ice cream must have something on it which stops it from doing that.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (03-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Do you have an ice cream machine?

I have a sunbeam gelateria. It has its own compressor so no need to freeze the bowl. Takes about 40 minutes to make a litre. It's quite big and heavy so I don't leave it out on the bench even in summer.
    BIL has the cusinart one and hasn't had any problems with it.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluest Blue Box For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (03-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysmama View Post
    I have a sunbeam gelateria. It has its own compressor so no need to freeze the bowl. Takes about 40 minutes to make a litre. It's quite big and heavy so I don't leave it out on the bench even in summer.
    BIL has the cusinart one and hasn't had any problems with it.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub
    Oh dear now I might get confused. I've seen the sunbeam one on cooking shows but I think they are double the price aren't they?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    I think it's just because it's real ice cream. It's the cream that does it, I like it, stops you eating too much because it's so rich too. I think processed ice cream must have something on it which stops it from doing that.
    Babyla you're a foodie you'd know. What cream do you use? What is heavy cream?

Thanks
    Reviews

Anyone know about the cream?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

We have a Breville mix master that has the ice cream bowl that attaches to it. Makes 2 litres in 15 min. I have only made 1 full cream ice cream and tbh I found it too rich. My kids can't have lactose do I make them sorbet or frozen yoghurt. They have no idea what "real" ice cream tastes like and the frozen yoghurt is yummy

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Meags82 For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (04-12-2012)