+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yup ours is a cusinart and we keep the bowl in the freezer all the time. We only ever eat home made ice cream, it's just way yummier!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Muffet For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (03-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a Cuisinart and the bowl takes up about as much room as a two-litre ice cream container. We made heaps when we first got it and the recipes that came with it were good. If you want to experiment with flavours a food blogger/pastry chef called David Lebovitz has an awesome website with recipes - his brown sugar breadcrumb ice cream is divine.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mopeg For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (03-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Do you have an ice cream machine?

So with the ones that don't have a freeze bowl would they take longer?
    I might just bite the bullet and grab one while on sale. Where do you guys all get the recipes from?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mopeg View Post
    We have a Cuisinart and the bowl takes up about as much room as a two-litre ice cream container. We made heaps when we first got it and the recipes that came with it were good. If you want to experiment with flavours a food blogger/pastry chef called David Lebovitz has an awesome website with recipes - his brown sugar breadcrumb ice cream is divine.
    Ooooo thank you sounds yummmm!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

Mopeg  (03-12-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

I have a Thermomix which I use for sorbets and an ice cream machine (cuisine art) that I use for ice creams (I make the mixture in the Thermomix) can do icecreams in the thermy but you have to freeze chop and then blitz the mixture to do it. I usually just make sorbet or fruity dream (which is like ice cream but is really just a whipped sorbet that tastes creamy).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (03-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Call me crazy, but I have two! My first is a KitchenAid which makes awesome icecream but is a bit messy, and my second is a Cuisinart that makes soft serve icecream, which I haven't actually used yet. I like home made icecream because I know whats in it! Cream, sugar, vanilla, eggs. No chemicals, no additives, no colours, no flavours, nothing but natural organic ingredients which I don't mind serving up to my kids!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Samoht For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (03-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Looks like cuisinart is the winner.

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    Where do you guys all get the recipes from?
    There are so many on the net, you will find heaps.
    The ones that come in the manual are a good place to start though and to build up some favourites that you can play around with and tweak a bit.

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/media/i...L000000907.pdf

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (03-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, and it tastes best when you eat it straight away. It's fine the next day, too, but not as good as freshly made. It's a great way to impress friends, serving up homemade ice cream with some berries. And for kids you can do vanilla and churn crushed bickies through it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mopeg For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (03-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've got a krups one, quite old now but still working great. It's a freeze-the-bowl type and the bowl lives in the chest freezer so always ready to go. Makes about 1L at a time, which is perfect because the texture of homemade tends to go a bit crystally within a month (if it lasts that long).

We have chooks so I basically make custard with lots of yolks and cream/milk, then add whatever flavourings I feel like. Most popular to date is a vanilla custard base, with cubes of chopped up Fry's turkish delight and pistachios in it. Roasted peach, white choc with raspberry swirl, and a few other fruity flavours have also been good as is a rich chocolate (which turned out to be lowest fat and actually only contained heaps of cocoa but tasted so darn naughty and rich).

I love ours!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to casio1 For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (03-12-2012)