+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Vegetable serving & advice - 15mth old

Anyone tried par steamed carrot and beans sticks with a bit of honey drizzled on? My dd loved these when she went off Veges and I made them just soft enough for her to handle and to chew... I also used creamed corn mixed with a bit of mash :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrsoptomistic View Post
    Anyone tried par steamed carrot and beans sticks with a bit of honey drizzled on? My dd loved these when she went off Veges and I made them just soft enough for her to handle and to chew... I also used creamed corn mixed with a bit of mash :-)
    Thanks, I'm willing to try anything at the moment! I'm obsessed with him getting his daily vegetables.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Does he like smoothies? If you put some baby spinach in with blueberries , the berries mask any green so he won't know!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

My DS now almost 22mths decided a couple mths ago he no longer wants veggies, so I hide them in with spag bol. (onions, carrots, zucchini & capsicum) and anything else with minced meat, and them mashes and puree's have being working with him.

DS loves dipping things in tomato sauce, so I'll sauté veggies blend them and add tomato paste, and then he thinks he is having plain old tomato sauce, also spread it on toasted ham and cheese sandwiches.

I wouldn't worry to much about the amount he is having, my 20mth old will often eat as much as my 8 year old, who is forever being hassled about portion size by grandparents and this has really made food a problem for her, however, she is just petite and is not a big eater.
    I'd start to worry if he was losing weight or had medical issues, just try to be relaxed about it they pick up on everything!