+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default BLW and mess!...

Hi
    I've been doing BLW with my DD for the last 2 months, its going well she's eating just about everything, having fun playing with food....and making LOTS of mess! I think one of the theories of BLW is it lets them make most of the mess with their food early on so that when they are older its out their system, so to speak?

For those who did BLW, when did your baby stop making so much mess with their food and show some table manners!?

I just have awful visions of DD throwing food and having food fights when she is a teenager!

Thanks
    YY

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default BLW and mess!...

Hahahaha they grow out of it, it's more when they understand right and wrong. I found it to be around 14 months when it all finally stopped but about 11-12 months when they novelty started wearing off :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default BLW and mess!...

Agree with pp, DS was the worst between 8-14 months then by about 18 months he was mess free ( mostly!)
    In summer especially I would sit outside on a rug (covered with a plastic mess mat!) and give him lunch or snacks there , so much easier to clean! I also had those bibs with the catcher tray in them , restaurants were the worst , the mess under his high chair was bad so we stuck to restaurants that knew us and we tipped really well!!
    Now at 2 he is learning to use chop sticks and rarely spills a drop of soup when he eats it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Thankfully we've always had big dogs who love coming in and cleaning up the mess.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

PR2bMum  (03-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies ladies. I am not really worried about mess at this stage but just hoping the BLW will pay off and bub will be eating 'nicely' when she is older and not fussy. I have seen friends struggle with their kids and food as they get older (not BLW) and dont know anyone else who introduced foods this way, just hope we're making the right decision!

Thanks
    Reviews
    sonja, yeah dogs really do come in handy...and a tiled floor! DD loves end of meal time when we 'bring in the cleaner'!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: BLW and mess!...

Katelyn is 9 months old and has just noticed when she drops food it falls to the ground :-/

I don't know though my 4 year old still makes a mess eating. Lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha ha yes many adults still make a mess at meal time...myself included!! All part of the enjoyment of food i guess!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With the not-fussiness - I do reckon BLW has helped my DD. She will have a go at anything & everything - as long as we/adult present are eating it too! It's so much easier just sharing your lunch/dinner etc than going through the rigmarole of separate baby foods.
    She's about 20 months and now eats at tables rather than in the high chair and it's still kinda messy, but like a PP we have a big dog - can you get one of those?