+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DP and I both have Nikons and I love them!!!

I would go to a shop that sold both and see which one you like better!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm a Nikon advocate all the way, so I'd go for the D5100. Jump onto dxomark.com and do a side-by-side review of the sensor quality between the D5100 and the 600D.

Then, just for interest's sake, compare the sensor quality of the D5100 with Canon's semi-pro camera, the 5D Mark III. I think you will be pleasantly surprised

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nikon or Canon?

Wow thanks for all your input! Def going to have to try out each one I think! I'll also have a look at that comparison website!
    Thanks again guys!

Thanks
    Reviews
    All Nikon and Canon products are pretty damn good these days.

If this is something you are going to use regularly get what feels the best to you in your hands, in a bag, changing lenses etc. Put it round your neck or add a wrist strap if you prefer. Play with it. See where the buttons are to change ISO, F-Stop, Shutter Speed, etc what is more comfortable to you. Ignore the brand. Look at Sony as well they are just as good.

Something to remember in general, but not always.

Canon Bodies tend to be slightly more expensive than Nikon, but equivalent lenses for Nikon are usually more expensive that Canon. So, whilst not important right away, do have a little think about what you want the camera for. Portraits, those cute baby shots, or landscapes and wildlife. Of course you may not know right away but just something to consider.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have a Canon. I want a Nikon

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Nikon or Canon?

Just bought myself a 650d canon 3 weeks ago, I am in love with it.. Love the touch screen, so easy to use, and was bought at a steal price! Thanks jbhifi! ATM canon have a 100$ cash back offer at the major retails that sell the camera, so can even work out cheaper then the gray market if you shop around,

Sent from my GT-I9210T using BubHub