+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Not sure if I hae prenatal depression or just a few days of the blues

I have been feeling really down the past few days. Today I even had thoughts of ways to end things but have managed to put those aside. I have been crying today for no reason at all. I feel bad that my 2 1/2 year old has to see me like this.
    I feel very lonely even though I have my hubby and little boy.
    I didnt have this in my first pregnancy so not sure if I even have it or just a few days of the blues.
    I suppose it didnt help that my mum after being away for 3 weeks, sees me and tells me "You've put on heaps of weight" even though I actually haven't.
    I cant tell my mum how I feel as I dont like to show any signs of weakness and I dont think she would understand. She would then want to take over my house and boss me around which will just make it worse.
    I apologies for the long ramble. I just have to get it out somewhere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Adearl
    I'm sorry you're feeling so down. Totally understandable why you don't want to talk to your mum, but it might be time to talk things over with your doctor. Having feelings of wanting to end things is an indication that you may need some more support. Be kind to yourself and take care xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Not sure if I hae prenatal depression or just a few days of the blues

Hey, I think you should go and get a referral to a psychologist. I am suffering from severe pnd at the moment, and just being able to talk to somebody about it does help. If need be there are anti depressants which can be helpful too. Good luck, don't be hard on yourself and don't try and get through this on your own xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou. I have told my husband everything and he is being so very understanding and loving.
    I will speak to someone about whats going on and try to work it out.
    Thanks again.