+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Fashion advise help!! What can I wear?

Hi Ladies,

Need some help! Its DPs work do on Saturday and its at a country race meet during the day. Its Smart Casual dress and its a family fun picnic day (so all about the family).

SO I just dont know what to wear!

I am overweight, short and have MASSIVE b00bs. I am still BFing so bubs needs access. I dont want to wear a skirt/dress as I need to get up and down from the floor with DD. I dont like maxi dresses as I think I would look ridiculous (being short and fat!). I dont want to show my arms as I have tatts so would like to look respectible at the work do.

What do I do?

All I wear now is whats comfortable but I want something comfortable and nice looking.

Also with shoes all I wear are thong like shoes but am wondering if I should do ballet flats? But would I look dumb?

*sigh* I just need a little advise or some clothing suggestions

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffyDucks For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (03-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What about a cute casual dress with 3/4 length tights? You could wear a little shrug or cardigan to cover your arms, or just show off your tats!

Ballet flats look great with most clothes.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Fashion advise help!! What can I wear?

Quote Originally Posted by darla87 View Post
    What about a cute casual dress with 3/4 length tights? You could wear a little shrug or cardigan to cover your arms, or just show off your tats!

Ballet flats look great with most clothes.

Good luck!
    I was just coming in to suggest this

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Fashion advise help!! What can I wear?

Yes darla87 that's a great combo!!! Very cute but still comfy and ballet flats would look amazing too! A little cardi to finish it all off!!!

Sent from my ST25a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Ladies....thanks for the suggestions!

With all the judging on the leggings...will the tights be okay?

Also with the dress I still need to BF so dont want to be exposing everything...thats my problem.

It DOES sound comfy tho!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tights/ leggings with a dress are a good look, as long as the dress is long enough that it can actually be worn as a dress. It's when girls wear long tops or dresses that show bum that it becomes a bit iffy! Otherwise it's just a good way to look pretty in a dress and stay comfy!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What about some nice pants - comfy linen or cotton pants (lovely and cool) and a long sleeve button through shirt (kmart even have some nice shirts for $15 that have a stretchy gusset in the side so they will stretch to cover more b00bage)- very crisp and classic. And ballet flats would be perfect with this. And you can breast feed in a button through shirt with a cami underneath so you won't have to flash your tummy.

Big W have some lovely linen pants for $25

Thanks
    Reviews

Tights under a dress are fine it's when they're worn in leu of pants that it becomes a problem. As pp's have said a dress with tights and ballet flats would look awesome. If you get a dress that crosses over your chest you can move it to the side to get boob access.

Thanks
    Reviews

I would check out some maternity/breastfeeding dresses or shirts, places like Target and Big W have some pretty decent stuff. Even if u pick something quite plain, and dress it up with a nice little cardigan, pretty necklace, belt, ballet flats or nice sandals.. Things like that. It's all in the accessories! Also, a pretty scarf or shawl could be handy for breastfeeding to keep yourself covered.

Oh and I lived in tights and dresses all winter!