+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Spinoff BLW vs Purée

Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    I disagree to an extent, puree babies tend to over eat simply because the food is pureed. Where as a blw baby has to chew it gives the body time to register that it's full. Chewing also helps digestion which is why IME puree fed babies sleep 'better' because they are doing a **** load of digesting in the stomach/gut (they miss the mastication process).

Also I would prefer my child to wake in the night for a breastfeed than to be overfull from eating too much in the sense of food before one is just for fun, I think they are missing out on vital breastfeeding opportunities (same goes for formula fed babies!).
    I don't buy that at all,
    My son was puree fed and a terrible sleeper, he loved food and would happily eat huge amounts but woke every 3 hours from.birth.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510b using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Spinoff BLW vs Purée

OP, my fussy eater is the puréed fed baby. My son eats and is willing to try anything! I didn't want a fussy eater second time around, that's why I did blw with my son. I am pregnant and due in 3 weeks. I will be doing blw with this baby as well.
    Last edited by DQ; 03-12-2012 at 20:22.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

RobinSparkles  (03-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you

Please keep posts on topic and polite.

Discussions of other closed threads will be removed as off topic posts.

Thanks
    Last edited by DQ; 03-12-2012 at 20:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

My first DD started off on farex and puréed foods and as she got older we introduced finger foods. She is 10 now and except for a brief period when she was about two, she eats such a varied diet. Even as a four year old she would eat salad, veggies, you name it. I think I will do a combination this time around, some finger food meals, some puréed meals, especially to start with Thanks all for sharing your experiences and not getting all judgey when someone has a different method to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyDucks View Post
    You cant force BLW babes to eat....they eat what they want/need. When I feed DD I give her her meal and always fruit afterwards (so banana, nectarine, blackberries, grapes, pear, etc, etc). I know she loves fruit so if she hasnt had enough of her meal I know she will fill up on fruit.

I am assuming from your quote is that your bubs didnt want meat and veg that day....and what baby doesnt love yoghurt and fruit!

I found when I was doing the puree thing I felt a lot of frustration when they hadnt finished the cup/bowl/etc. Like he has to be hungry as he hasnt finished. They they would do that scrunching the mouth shut and shaking their head side to side while you try to do the 'choo choo train into the tunnel' to make them eat.

BLW just teaches you that bubs controls how much they eat and arent goverened by how much is left in the bowl.

Anyway....not trying to convert anyone to the 'dark side' but for me I found it so much easier BLWing, especially with two other kids in the mix, mealtimes are now enjoyable and not a fight.
    You can assume from my quote that had I followed BLW that my baby would have gone to bed hungry.

I don't believe that an infant has the attention span or motor development to feed themselves an appropriate amount of dinner.

Thanks
    Reviews

I've done blw with all my kids and their food intake needs matches their motor ability perfectly. Breast milk makes up the deficit as their need for solids and ability to feed themselves develops.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew the Mintie For This Useful Post:

PR2bMum  (03-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by babycart View Post
    You can assume from my quote that had I followed BLW that my baby would have gone to bed hungry.

I don't believe that an infant has the attention span or motor development to feed themselves an appropriate amount of dinner.
    Mine did! Has been sleeping through from 5 months, never had any problems

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

PR2bMum  (03-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babycart View Post
    I have offered puree first and then combined with finger foods from about 6m. Let them hold something while I spoon at the same time. Give them their spoon food and let them play with the finger foods after etc.

i just feel that bubs don't actually get enough food in through exclusive BLW.

I've also commonly seen, through friends and on here, that bubs that who BLW are often poor sleepers and big milk drinkers. Not always, just generally. IT'S BECAUSE THEY ARE HUNGRY!!!!!!

It's not something that I "judge" on. I don't think it is the wrong thing to do and my way is the right way. I just think - your choice, you deal with the consequences.

I would be more inclined to judge the parent that only feeds their kid packet food and never cooks fresh puree/finger food. Don't get me wrong though - my kids have had plenty of Rafferty's packets.....but i have felt bad/lazy for not making my own.
    I agree with this! When DD was nearing 7 months I was loving the idea of BLW and we did which was so ingredibly messy! But she didn't seem to be getting anything in or not enough so I started with some pure'... I try to mix it up with some finger foods like carot sticks and rock melon (low mess stuff!) anyway she seems to be doing great, I never gave her the cereal stuff, just started with some fruit.
    Today she had her first taste of pasta!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Spinoff BLW vs Purée

People saying farex is pure sugar do u just mean the brand FAREX ? There ar other types out there and with reading labels there isn't that much sugar.. Sorry bit off topic but i see this said a lot but i don't agree with it being pure sugar

Thanks
    Reviews

The article didn't say farex is sugar. It said it is a highly processed white carb, which is metabolically not much different from poor sugar. Ie highly refined, high gi, etc.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew the Mintie For This Useful Post:

PR2bMum  (04-12-2012)