+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy Irregular periods since coming off pill and want to get pregnant???

Hi I have had irregular periods since coming off the pill 6 months ago.. (have only had one period in all that time).
    Is there something i can do to bring on a period? Natural remedies?
    Does this mean i am not ovulating?
    Will i be able to get pregnant?

Very worried

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Irregular periods since coming off pill and want to get pregnant???

Did you have regular periods prior to going on the pill? Are you overweight/underweight or under lots of stress? All of those things can cause missed periods as can other medications. I know in some instances it can take a few months to a year to get back to normal but once in 6months seems a bit too infrequent! I'd go see a Dr as you'll get mixed responses on here... You would have ovulated the time you had your period (most likely) but you're not going to know what's really going on until you get your hormones sussed out. It's highly likely your body just isn't back to normal yet but that doesn't mean you can't get pregnant... Stranger things have happened

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Irregular periods since coming off pill and want to get pregnant???

I would definitely consider seeing a doctor and getting bloods and possibly a scan done. Your doctor will be able to give you some indication on what might be happening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Remember, Regardless of your periods prior to the pill, They can be all over the shop after the pill. For some women it can take 12 or so months to form a pattern! (which may not be the same as you had before the pill).

However. Remember, Keep trying .. as you can ovulate without getting your period, Hit the target and never get that period cause your pregnant instead! (It happened to me... )

Vitex has been known to help. However, Also go to your GP etc. But i dare say they will say its "normal" and wont be to worried.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Remember, Regardless of your periods prior to the pill, They can be all over the shop after the pill. For some women it can take 12 or so months to form a pattern! (which may not be the same as you had before the pill).

However. Remember, Keep trying .. as you can ovulate without getting your period, Hit the target and never get that period cause your pregnant instead! (It happened to me... )

Vitex has been known to help. However, Also go to your GP etc. But i dare say they will say its "normal" and wont be to worried.

Thanks
    Reviews
    try vitex. I just got a period 2 weeks after starting it and i was on cycle day 69 after being on the pill for 2 months to try and sort things out after having my daughter 9 months ago. Give it a try and see if it helps. Good Luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Irregular periods since coming off pill and want to get pregnant???

I didn't think u could o without getting. Period?? Because doesn't the egg unless fertilised get released and flushed out as in the period..
    I had the same issue op I tried Chinese herbs. Acupuncture and that was just a big waste of time and lots of money! I wish I had gone straight to the doc.
    I got blood tests and an internal ultra sound which showed I had PCOS
    I didn't have any typical symptoms of it except for the no period thing.
    So then I was put on clomid and on my 5 month on that I conceived my little boy.

Could just be your body regulating but do u want to wait or find out fast if there is an issue?

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can certainly get a period without Ovulating and vice versa. You can O before you get your first period after birth control etc.

Ovulating is the actual release of the egg from the ovary. Regardless of releasing or not, Your uterus still builds up a lining ... in hope an egg comes down, Gets fertilized and is then ready to implant into the thick uterus lining.

If no egg is fertilized, The uterus sheds and thus a period. However. If no egg was released ... It does the same thing. No implantation of egg occurred (cause no egg happened either!) so it still sheds! Equals a period either way.

What I meant by it happened to me. I came off Birth Control. I Ovulated first before having a period after stopping BC. I got pregnant from that ovulation and never got the period afterwards ... Because I was pregnant.

Unfortunately text books and bodies just dont like each other. You can Ovulate and take an extended amount of time to flush out the unfertilized egg etc.