+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I am a woman who was 'tricked', my ex told me he was infertile. I'm not sure whether he genuinely believed this, or he just didn't want to put on a condom (my guess is the former) but I don't expect sympathy. If I was adament that there were to be no babies I would've gone on the pill. This was a very long-term relationship.

The dad has walked away and was back to spreading his legs. He controls his own body - he didn't have to go through the pregnancy...or the procedure to which you are referring. I have no control over his body, as he has none over mine. My fertility is mine, not anybody elses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I still think its deception. You go from a couple where pregnancy is possible but unlikely to an almost certainty.. most people are prepare to deal with an accident and are aware they can happen, even though its likely it wont. But going off the pill on purpose. wow that is nothing more than deception at its finest and i dont think its fair that the male doesnt know about it. how anyone can defend that is certainly beyond me

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ermergerd For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (06-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default What would you do in my situation!?

A man who puts his sexual health and parental status in the hands of a woman he barely knows is a moron.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (07-12-2012),HugsBunny  (06-12-2012),intruderalert1234  (06-12-2012),Janesmum123  (06-12-2012),Stiflers Mom  (06-12-2012),trishalishous  (06-12-2012)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I have deleted some posts from this thread that were off topic and derailing the thread a little.

Cheers

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (06-12-2012)

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    You can sign them off but you still have to pay CS so basically you get no rights but all the obligation . I believe its the same even if the child is then adopted.
    That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. So a man signs away his rights AND responsibilities to enable another to adopt said child, which means that THAT person takes on those rights and responsibilities, yet the birth father still has to pay child support??????

AS IF!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HugsBunny View Post
    That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. So a man signs away his rights AND responsibilities to enable another to adopt said child, which means that THAT person takes on those rights and responsibilities, yet the birth father still has to pay child support??????

AS IF!
    in Australia a parent can not sign their parental rights away UNLESS there is another person stepping into that role (in the case of adoption),

Csa will chase them until adoption occurs

Maybe in cases where children are removed by docs this works the same not srue though

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby star View Post
    in Australia a parent can not sign their parental rights away UNLESS there is another person stepping into that role (in the case of adoption),

Csa will chase them until adoption occurs

Maybe in cases where children are removed by docs this works the same not srue though
    That's the situation I was talking about Kirby. LMF said that even after a child was adopted, the birth father still had to pay child support. At least, that's how I read it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh well that makes more sense I looked it up at one point and must have read it wrong thanks for clearing it up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HugsBunny View Post
    That's the situation I was talking about Kirby. LMF said that even after a child was adopted, the birth father still had to pay child support. At least, that's how I read it.
    yeah in Australia at least thats not how it works as far as I know,
    Maybe America is different?

Once a child has been legally adopted all legal obligations to said child falls to adopted parent and their partner.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to intruderalert1234 For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (06-12-2012),Lovemyfam  (06-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby star View Post
    yeah in Australia at least thats not how it works as far as I know,
    Maybe America is different?

Once a child has been legally adopted all legal obligations to said child falls to adopted parent and their partner.
    Do you know where I can find this info? We are looking at having my husband adopt my 4 but heard we have to be married for 2 years which we have now and my ex is ready to sign papers if thats what I think is best.